cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In additional to enabling/disabling UHD Color, do you guys mess with the other Picture Settings also?

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i was the one that that posted that about uhd color. Update on that. None of it worked. I now personally believe that the picture settings play a role in causing this flash.. I am in contact with a samsung software engineer, and he believes that the issue is software related and can be solved with a patch. He said they are working on trying to fix the issue.
userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
try this if you want. ive been experimenting a lot. reset all picture settings on all picture modes to default, then before you watch something change the settings on the picture mode you like to your preferred settings. uhd color on also..... this maybe nothing, but i tried that, and didnt get a flash for a while. the flash occurred again when i started extensively messing with the picture settings....this may also be just a coincidence......but if there is something to that, it would seem that just over time and/or straying too far from the default picture settings when hdr is in play may have something to do with the issue.......again......this could be complete nonsense......i just really want to know whats causing it, so im trying everything
Highlighted
timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys thanks for keeping this Thread active. Did another picture reset and now using Standard mode instead of Movie mode for last 3 days. Have not seen a Flash with my TiVo Bolt but had a big flash while watching Blu ray movie with ps3 still.

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New firmware/software available for 2017 Qled 1260.6 not sure yet if it fixed the flashes will monitor. 

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Question. Do you use the sharpness setting at all in whatever picture mode your using?

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im not 100% sure, but i may have finally figured out the cause and solution to this issue. Everyone try turning the sharpness off by taking it all the way down to 0. I tried this because i was having other recurring issues beside the flash on certain 4k discs. On one movie the black bars (top and bottom of screen) would flicker. On another movie (with heavy film grain), anything that was dark, black or near black would flicker. I have never turned the sharpness completely off before. always had it at 20 or slightly higher. Once i turned it off, all of these issues went away, and i havent seen a screen flash since. I think its possible that all of my other issues and the flash could be related to the sharpening level. If you think about it, if you have the sharpness turned up, the tv is basically trying to sharpen an already 4k image. I may still yet see a flash, but i have a good feeling about this one. I will update soon, but everyone please try this.

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have always had the Sharpness set to 0 and still had the White or other colors flashes. I just watched a Blu ray movie with ps3 and saw one Large flash. Thought maybe new 1260 firmware was the fix. Can someone tell me when they do the Picture test with kids on the beach and select Yes do you see Grey screen? 

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OH no. I guess 0 sharpness just fixed my other issues then. I will assume a flash is coming soon. I'm sure I was just getting my hopes up cuz this flash has become one of most annoying things in my recent memory. And  yes I get the grey screen on the picture test after the 1st picture

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the grey screen info now I know it's just not my tv. Others out there with 2017 QLED models please chime in and let us know if you are still seeing a "White Flash" using any device (Tivo, Cable boxes, PS3 or PS4 etc).