cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv is brandnew. When i am connected to my xbox one x. Every 4-6 of use i will see the screen flash intermittently and back to normal. It happpens sooooo fast.      I have tried two different xbox one x units. Both outputing at 4k 60z. 10bit.   I have tried two different brandnew hdmi cables designed specifically for the one x.  I have tried different ports on the one connect.  

What do you guys think this is?   Audio does not get interrupted.

I plan on testing to see if the powerstrip/surge protector i am using is bad. I ordered a very expensive surge protector with filter to reduce noise.      I am planning on turning off uhd hdr.   I plan on testing the xbox at 1080p and then testing my old xbox one .   This will probably all take a week at least cause its very hard to replicate the flash

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So had the tv running for like 8 hours no flashes after samsung replaced my one connect box.   I will update in 3 days if the problem comes back. But i truly think the problem has been solved

166 REPLIES 166

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is it exactly you are getting? I also have the Xbox One X and am experiencing a very quick white flash here and there. Maybe every few hours of either gaming or watching a movie. It’s not that the picture completely turns white, but just like flickers white. Is this what you are experiencing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, this is a def a tv issue because I had the PS4 Pro and I had the same issues.  I also had complete drop outs for a few seconds with the pro which doesn’t happen with the Xbox. 

usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thats exactly what i am experiencing?  Anyone have any solutions?   Tv hardware issue? 

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same! Looks like a lightning flash or someone taking a photo with their flashers on in the audience. Spoke with Sam song tech department and they told me to unplug my TV from the surge protector and plug directly into the electrical wall outlet. I did that and it did not stop. Any suggestions from anyone?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@StungSum: Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased my TV October 2018 and Sam song says my warranty is out of service!!  That’s a bunch of BS of course! Now I have to go through jumping through hoops in order to get them to send me a new one connect box. I have to EFax my receipt,  fill out forms, etc. It says there’s no service technician that would come out to my area that could look at my TV. Only option is to return it to Bj’s which doesn’t carry the TV anymore and go through the trouble of figuring out where to go from there! What would’ve happened if this was an elderly person who doesn’t have access to Internet or all the technology that’s necessary to get a repair person or part sent to their home because they don’t have an EFax or access to computers?! Clearly Samsung has no interest in providing their products or keeping their presence available to this group of people. I will NEVER purchase a SAMSUNG product again!!!!

Highlighted
userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if you bought it in fall of 2018 your warranty is definitely not expired. samsung has to take care of it. try to go through the samsung moderators on this community. they are far more helpful than calling the support #. also i had them send me a new one connect box..... it did not solve my flashing problem, but apparently it solved some one else's on this thread. When i got my new model, i made sure to buy one without the one connect box just to be safe. My flashing tv was never fixed. in my opinion, replacing the entire set is the way to go as that was the only solution that worked out for me... like i said,  i dealt with a flashing tv for a full year. my warranty was expired when i decided to give up and get a new tv. over the course of that year, i spent hours on the phone with samsung support. they were not to helpful. i switched out my one connect, all hdmi cables, reset tv countless times, messed with ever picture setting on the tv, switched out surge protectors, and the list goes on. i wouldnt stress out over trying to fix it. I did, and i was never able to solve it. My new tv does not flash now, so my nightmare is over. i hope your issue gets resolved one way or another

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem is Bj’s no longer carries the model I purchased. It was a $1200 unit that was on sale for $599! My only option would be to take it back to Bj’s and negotiate with they be willing to give me because of the price I paid! I am the loser here. So sad. I will never purchase a Samsung product again! 

uservMM2GEtXZm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had this same issue with two separate tv’s different models. I actually caved in and bought a new Samsung thinking it was the tv, but it wasn’t. New q7f flashes too. Replaced all components connecting, no resolution. I’ll try the UHD color setting adjustment. What a nightmare.