cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Galaxy

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still different colored flashes occasionally with my QN55Q7FAMFXZA ( Qled 2017) even though service tech visit back in March 2017 said tv was fine when entering service menu. Is there any fix coming for this model? Not that tv is unwatchable but it does happen.

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfuXtVUSwkV wrote:

I’ve been in contact with QA enigineers for the past few months. Latest update I got is that they bought a PS4 Pro (device the issue occurs most commonly with) for the lab and are running tests. They just started at the beginning of the month so I’m crossing my fingers that there’s an update that fixes it soon. 

I’ve got 3 months left on my warranty and customer service keeps offering to send out a repair crew but If there’s no hardware fix and they can’t replicate the issue, Samsung says I’d have to pay for the visit. I refuse to give them any money and it happens so sporadically that I doubt they could reproduce it. 

Things I've tried with no success: Adjusting just about every setting involving video on my tv and player. Resetting and unplugging both  multiple times.  Swapping out all HDMI cables. Sending my 4K player to Samsung service center (having discovered this thread, I'm fairly sure the issue is the tv though). Having a new one connect box and cable sent out (accepted solution on this thread). None of these things worked

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was advised to disconnect from a surge protector because there’s a built in surge protector in the TV itself. Try to get them to send you a new connect box. I’ve noticed on several posts that seems to be a temporary fix. I’m experiencing saying the same exact thing. I can’t even start a service ticket because a pop up window interferes to let me know they don’t offer service in my area. Going through the gamut right now through e-chats as well as live phone calls. Reset everything.    Replaced everything. Swapped everything out as directed. This is a joke!  Sad thing is I purchased it from BJ’s and got it for a steel! It was originally $1200 and was on sale for $599 and they don’t carry it anymore. Samsung told me it would be up to Bj’s to decide what they want to do! Really sad thing is I purchased it from BJ’s and got it for a steel! It was originally $1200 and was on sale for $599 and they don’t carry it anymore. Samsung told me it would be up to Bj’s to decide what they want to do! Really? !!

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Had my third service visit regarding the sudden lightning flashes. Finally had a chat moments ago and the technician/representative said a new service ticket has been issued for a replacement TV. Woo hoo! Boy was I excited. Moments later I received an email stating that I’m not getting a new TV because they can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. They are very very sorry they cannot accommodate my request! I guess I have to call the Better Business Bureau as well as the consumer protection agency of Maryland and send all of my screenshots/emails, etc. to file a formal complaint. I purchased this October 2018 and it still under the original manufacturers warranty. Just because a technician can’t sit here for three hours to witness the event means to them, there’s nothing wrong! Very very sad! I will never purchase another product made by this company. I hope everyone else that’s having the same problem gets a favorable conclusion. Very sad to see this happen. Guess I’ll be sharing everything with social media! LOL
timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any fix yet for the white or different colored flashes? Last software update was Jan 9 2019. Still seeing this happen with my QN55Q7FAMFXZA  2017 QLED 55 inches set.

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told by Samsung that they would not be doing anything to remedy my situation. The technician advised replacing the main motherboard in the TV Samsung themselves declined his request. Because no technician has witnessed the incident, they are able to claim there is nothing wrong with my TV. Very big disappointment. I’ve posted all of my screenshot chats on social media along with responses to those chats for all to see. None of my friends or inner circle will buy anything from Samsung.

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung claims they are not going to do anything at all! Even though the service technician recommended replacing the motherboard in the TV – Samsung service declined his request to do so exclamation!  If none of the service technicians can witness the incident , they claim there’s nothing wrong with the TV.  My TV is still wonderful manufactures warranty. I had to re-service technicians come and I have the one connect box replaced. I replaced all of the cables. I reset the TV multiple times. I’m still seeing the flashes and so are all of my guests! As I mentioned before I posted all of my screenshot chats along with Samsung’s responses. No one will purchase any Samsung products within my group of 10,000+ followers. Bad bad bad thing for Samsung!

Highlighted
useroYXDPtuKEg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been trying to add to the thread but it says its solved so I can no longer add to it only reply. I was a bit hopeful when reading the first sentence then it turned out they treated you the same as many others. This problem is not solved and not sure why it is marked that way. My Qled Q7f 55" tv started to flash & flicker about a week ago. It has gotten better but oddly is so random there are times it doesn't do it. It is extremely frustrating and I've owned several samsung TVs and never had an issue which is also why I realized how awful their customer service is to their customers. They are so understanding unless they have to do something or actually help or admit to a faulty product. I bought mine 15 months ago so 3 months past warranty so they did not want to help at all without money out of my pocket. After I spent $150 on a new cord because they told me that would fix the problem. I will no longer be buying Samsung technology after more than 10 years of buying nothing but samsung not if this is how they treat customers they sold faulty products. Any suggestions on a different brand? 

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LG Has an excellent reputation and stellar customer service. They would never let a customer go for something they themselves were not able to witness when it was under warranty! Samsung TV seems to think it’s my Wi-Fi provider! I have five other TVs throughout the house and have no problems with any of them! I’ve been Sam-STUNG with a bad TV And they will not honor it even though it’s under original manufacturers warranty.

useruyHHoimW7F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It says it right on the Xbox one x manual do not plug Xbox into power strip plug it in straight to the wall otherwise it can cause problems with the Xbox to make screen flash on TV