cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Interesting. I have another one connect box that Samsung sent me a while ago when I was getting the blackouts with the PS4 pro. I’ll swap that out and see as if it goes away as well.
useroYXDPtuKEg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem is not solved and not sure why it is marked that way. My Qled Q7f 55" tv started to flash & flicker about a week ago. It has gotten better but oddly is so random there are times it doesn't do it. It is extremely frustrating and I've owned several samsung TVs and never had an issue which is also why I realized how awful their customer service is to their customers. They are so understanding unless they have to do something or actually help or admit to a faulty product. I bought mine 15 months ago so 3 months past warranty so they did not want to help at all without money out of my pocket. After I spent $150 on a new cord because they told me that would fix the problem. I will no longer be buying Samsung technology after more than 10 years of buying nothing but samsung not if this is how they treat customers they sold faulty products. Any suggestions on a different brand? 

Highlighted
timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it's just not my 2017 QLED 55 inches model that has this flashes issue. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. I have another one connect box I can try. The one I’m using now is the one that Samsung sent me when I was getting the blackouts with the PS4 pro. Don’t remember if the flashes started before or after I swapped it out. Let me try this as well

usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Day 2. Still no flashes!   

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow! That may be it. I didn’t change the box yet, but I just watched Spider Man Homecoming in 4k, and two flashes within an hour. I noticed it happens much more frequently with 4k blu rays then in games or regular blu rays.

How come this doesn’t happen with regular tv? The one connect box is still be utilized? I cant understand it.

userScdw0wmtne
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, how do you fix this?

you have to get Samsung to send you a new connect box??

unnybolt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone. I am having a similar flickering problem on my Q7F, though not quite a white flicker. It looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vSjmL-Qek . It happens when I am playing my Xbox One X, not as frequent as in that video, but it does happen randomly. This includes both the split-second flickers and the 2 second black-outs with the glitchy lines/artifacts.

Xbox is running 4K, 10-bit, all video options Allowed (minus 3D, of course). TV is in Game Mode, HDMI-CEC enabled, HMDI UHD Color is enabled only on the HDMI port my Xbox is pugged into.

I don't even need to be playing a game, the flickers occur even in the dashboard. The frequency is very random, sometimes I can get 4 flickers in 3 minutes, other times it won't flicker once for hours, but nonetheless, it never goes completely away. One day, one of those longer black-outs lead to a full restart of the TV by itself, showing the Samsung QLED logo upon startup. I even hooked up my older Xbox One to this TV (1080p) and the flickering is still there.

This problem does not happen whatsoever on another 4K TV (a 2015 LG without HDR).

I tried a whole bunch of various changes, both hardware and software, both on my console and the TV for almost two months and I've had enough. I am having the whole set sent into service and hopefully it comes back working perfectly... this is unacceptable by all means.

EDIT: Got this problem sorted with a main board replacement inside the One Connect box. Only solution, as far I can see.

Uploaded by Nick Carr on 2017-10-05.
Jeepsy Girl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertfv6doZ4MOwrote:

So had the tv running for like 8 hours no flashes after samsung replaced my one connect box.   I will update in 3 days if the problem comes back. But i truly think the problem has been solved

So, it's been a couple of months...have you had any flashes since changing the One Connect box?

I spent last night troubleshooting with Samsung and have a new One Connect box on the way, I'm hoping it solves the random flash issue.

usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have had no flashes since i replaced the box. Smiley Happy wish u the best with ur new box.