cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StungSum
Cosmic Ray

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The TV has a built-in search protector so you’re not supposed to plug it into any type of power strip with a surge protector. That will only let Samsung think you’re doing something wrong and accuse YOU of breaking the TV. You’ve  got to be careful with these people. I’ve had my TV less than a year , still under original warranty, had  three service visits along with a brand new one-  connect box and I’m still having sudden flashes on my TV.  They Absolutely refuse to exchange the TV for me. They claim since the technician did not witness the issue himself, there’s nothing wrong. They’re starting to blame it on my Wi-Fi! I have five other TVs in the house and I have no problems with any of them!  I’ve published all of my chats along with their responses to social media. My friends family and 10,000 followers have boycotted Samsung ! I’m glad no one else is going to get SAMSTUNG!!!!!

Highlighted
timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the replies. I believe it is a Software issue with flashes. I had the a TV tech check my tv and because he didn't see it happen then the tv is fine which is bunch of you know what. I would not recommend a Samsung tv to anyone I know.

userNlMPAXksOJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung MU 8000 TV and I have spent  over a year trying to figure this problem out, and I might have done so recently. Of course I have all my power management settings set to off so the TV is NOT trying to optimize power or lighting based on the room.

I tried a new one connect box, a new HDMI switch to act as a middle man between my TV and the Xbox or Apple TV,  I even tried various HDMI cables and I had the same flash issue.

I am on firmware ver1262 for my TV and I think I have got the problem solved, I have not had any flases on my Xbox or Apple TV in approximately 3 weeks. I went in to Settings>Picture>Expert Settings>Contrast Enhancer and I turned it off, by default it is set to low but it needs to be off, I had to do this for both the XBOX and Apple TV video settings. Keep in mind my TV has independant settings per the device, I have a hunch this is also related to the Sony black screen issue. Perhaps its a malfuntion of the Contrast enhancer, its description says it balances light and dark areas of the screen, so logically I thought this might be the problem. So far I have not seen a flash in approx. 3 weeks.

I hope this helps others out there, even if your TV is a different model if you can find a feature that relates to contrast enhancement and turn it off, you will likely have the problem solved. It makes sense that Samsung uses the same base or core firmware for all their TVs and as such so many people have this problem.

Cheers

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur on all inputs?

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point I would say yes. I was using HDMI 1 & 2 now using 3 & 4 and I have the TV directly plugged into wall outlet. Not that the TV is unwatchable but the flashes do happen randomly. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@timstack Could you provide your full model and serial number via private message?

userNlMPAXksOJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung MU 8000 TV and I have spent over a year trying to figure this problem out, and I might have done so recently. Of course I have all my power management settings set to off so the TV is NOT trying to optimize power or lighting based on the room and I am plugged in to a Surge protector and UPS as I dont trust the TV can fully protect itself from bad power issues.

I tried a new one connect box, a new HDMI switch to act as a middle man between my TV and the Xbox or Apple TV as I had the same flash issue.

I am on firmware ver1262 for my TV and I think I have got the problem solved, I have not had any flashes while using Xbox or Apple TV in approximately 3 weeks.

I went in to Settings>Picture>Expert Settings>Contrast Enhancer and I turned it off, by default it is set to low but it needs to be off, I had to do this for both the XBOX and Apple TV video settings. Keep in mind my TV has independant settings per the device, I have a hunch this is also related to the Sony black screen issue. Perhaps its a malfuntion of the Contrast enhancer, its description says it balances light and dark areas of the screen, so logically I thought this might be the problem. So far I have not seen a flash in approx. 3 weeks.

I hope this helps others out there, even if your TV is a different model if you can find a feature that relates to contrast enhancement and turn it off, you will likely have the problem solved. It makes sense that Samsung uses the same base or core firmware for all their TVs and as such so many people have this problem.

Cheers

JMFC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just so you know the Xbox One X has a built in surge protector, it should be plugged in directly into the wall outlet. My Xbox One X flashes with my curved Samsung 4K tv. Usually a pink color, it is very fast, a split second and gone. Also the sound has like a crackling and popping sound randomly. Its passed the warranty now though. Probably gonna be my last Samsung product. Had a 3D Samsung TV in 2013 and screen went hence why I bought a 4K tv. Yet my Sony from 2008 still looks flawless and works great.

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just watched a Blu ray movie with ps3 saw 1 looks like a camera flash. I tried everything from Hard reset to soft reset, turning off all contrast enhancers, Auto motion. Digital clean view and still get the occasional flashes either white or say pink. Were about due for a firmware/software update. I'm on 1262 from January 9 2019. I think it has something to do with the Samsung Guide/Apps feature.

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did anyone ever find a solution for this issue?