cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That’s the first thing we all tried when this problem first occurred. I tried Rocketfish cables as well as the cable that comes with the consoles. Not a cable issue

userkOa5EGCvHz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

Sounds like a different bug then with the TV, mine only happens at scene transitions which quickly gets very annoying as some scenes will trigger it a lot, it isn't cable related as it happens from the TVs own tuner.  At least using a different picture mode stops it, however the picture is still more processed than in Movie mode so isn't as good for some things.

Samsung TVs just seem full of bugs, this is my first Samsung TV and definately the last.  It doesn't matter how good the picture is if there all sorts of artefacts and bugs ruining the enjoyment of watching something.   Never had a TV with as many bugs as this one and no fixes forthcoming in firmware.

Regards

Phil

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I think you’re experiencing the same problem but in a different way. I’m sure it’s all the same problem with Samsung’s firmware. I’m holding off just a little more in case the tech I’m working with comes up with a fix. Otherwise I’m going to be picking up a Sony or an LG. Either way, this will be my last Samsung 

userZO4zCJjUHR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing is happening to me. I have an Xbox one xx as well and my tv will start flickering for a good ten minutes. samsung told me to send my Xbox in for repair

userXwC0mEf5zp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So i have been having this issue for awhile as well on my mu8000. Its always a white flash like a camera flash or green and ive also seen pink. Is there any news on the new firmware update that came ot on the 17th if that fixed anything? also could it be my apple tv 4k... i havent noticed it on my ps4 yet. thoughts?

timstack
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly what I see with QN55Q7FAMFXZA ( 55 inch 2017 QLED ). Mod's we need a fix. Sometimes see a white, red or green flash with TiVo Bolt+.

userfuXtVUSwkV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just like every other firmware, seems to solve the issue for a couple of days and then back to getting flashes again. Of course it’s so random, I could just be missing it for a few days. 

I’ve been contacted directly by QA software engineers from posting here and they’ve admitted that numerous 2017 models have displayed the issue and that service techs likely wouldn’t be able to do anything for it. 

Havent gone the service route yet cuz they keep telling me I’ll have to pay for the visit if the tech can’t repair or reproduce the issue which is just ludicrous with such a random problem. 

I’m going to initiate a letter writing campaign insisting they swap out for a 2018 model of this continues. Know that’s a long shot but I only have a few months left in my warranty. 

Absolutely unacceptable. Never buying another Samsung product and warning everyone I know to do the same unless Samsung bends over backwards to make this right!

timstack
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mods Any word if next software update will fix the White flash or other colors flashing with 2017 QLED Models? Had tech out back in March of 2018 and said TV was fine. Model I have is QN55Q7FAMFXZA. The flash is almost like camera flash in the middle of the screen that can happen at any moment and apparently I'm not the only customer with 2017 QLED TVs with this issue. Would Samsung replace with newer model even I had the tech out and said tv was fine? My Warranty ends Oct 14 2018. Thank you 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@timstack: I apologize, we are unable to speculate on future updates. 

JLegend
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing this issue as well. I spoke with Samsung support, but the person I spoke to had no idea this issue existedm