cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its completely unacceptable to have       issues like this when the television has been out for almost a year.  Basically no matter what i try to do to get it fixed it wont get fixed, and if samsung isnt going to addess this issue or tell use they are on it, i think i might have ground for a lawsuit unless they pay me back everything paid for the TV

usere9a19SyhR2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone had issues with Sony xe90?

Im looking at replacements.

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So here’s another possible issue. I finally bought a 4k blu ray to test it on on my Xbox One X. Watched about 45 mins of it without issues. Then last night, I picked up where I left off, and bout 15 mins into it, I got a very thin black line across the screen for a split second, followed by a 3 second pixelated bar also across the screen. It was colorful too. Anyone else ever see this? Could it possibly be due to a slightly dirty disc? I ejected the movie, cleaned it off and it was fine after that. I’m pretty sure tho it’s all related to the same problems with the flashes and audio dips.

userBtyxNBqeM1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I'm making my way through this discussion, and you describe my problems EXACTLY with my new purchase of Samsung's Q9F. No matter the source, the screen flickers white or green (and I think I've seen blue as well) for a split second. I'm under warranty of course, but Samsung says that if I can't reproduce the effect with the repairmen come out, then they will charge me at least $150. The problem is so random and intermittent, that I can't take the chance of that. I know your post is from Dec. 2017, and I bought mine at the same time. Any luck?

userBtyxNBqeM1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just posted the above. Didn't realize it wouldn't put it under the specific comment I was replying to. I mean, we are in the Samsung community forum and it's obvious that many people have had this random quick flashes of white and other colors... surely someone from Samsung reads these, right? It's obviously a problem, but yet their tech support refuses to acknowledge it and of course, act like they and Samsung have never heard of it before. This was the most expensive flagship 65-in TV in all of Best Buy; really disappointed in Samsung and their customer service and their product.

timstack
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still having the random color flashes with 2017 qled 55 inch. Not that the tv is unwatchable but it does happen. Gave $1800 at Best Buy in October 2017 . Been in touch with Samsung engineer about the issue. He said they can't reproduce in the Lab.

userDvFjWsnNJh
Not applicable

QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i just got a brand new 50" um6300 samsung. just noticed a split second white flash yesterday. ive had the tv for 2 weeks now and never saw it until yesterday. i only saw it a few times so far. I'm playing xbox one x and have hdr turned on. First time i saw it last night on Resident evil7, which has hdr but its not 4k enhanced. now i saw it this morning while playing Zombie Army Trilogy, which doesnt have hdr or 4k enhancements. man it has me worried because i love this tv, its perfect for my tiny game room. im not worrying too much atm, as long as it doesnt become more frequent. im using the hdmi cord that came with the xbox one x, i have the xbox one x plugged direct, but my tv is plugged into a surge protector. im happy i found this forum, it makes me feel better knowing im not alone. i shouldnt really complain since i only saw it a few times, but these things just make my stomach turn. i worked very hard at my job to finally be able to afford a 4k tv and xbox one x, and these type things are just so disheartening in lifeSmiley Sad
userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have the tv in game mode or hdr+? I recently put mine in game mode and the flashes aren’t as frequent. (Game mode also looks better, and you still get hdr.) Still happens here and there. They are pretty subtle tho.  Does your entire screen turn white or is it just part of the screen? Are they bright?

usere9a19SyhR2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would urge you not to accept the fault.

I am returning mine as soon as is convenient. 

It started with the flashes (that have become more frequent), add in small white tears in the picture, then a permanent horizontal line of what looks like dead pixels accross the entire screen and now the Samsung youtube app has stopped working. 

I would describe the flashes as if a video game was trying to emulate a lightning flash; whole screen, and very bright. In a dim room, facing away from the TV, it lightens up the room noticeably from whatever the picture was playing. 

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh wow! That is a really bad problem. I’ve never experienced anything as badly as that. That sucks. Do you think it’s a tv or Xbox issue?