cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Halo

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here with QN55Q7FAMFXZA sound will make about 5 pop sounds with Vizio sound bar and also see an occasional white flash with cable TV (TiVo Bolt ) and PS3. firmware updated with 1210.8.

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The people that solved this issue with a new one connect box doesn’t have the same issue we do. It’s obviously something else.  NOTHING resolves the issue I’ve been having. Sometimes it’s not just a white flash. It can be different colors. Sometimes they are very subtle. Other times super obvious. It’s so strange.

unnybolt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Personally I had my One Connect main board replaced (which is essentially 75% of the One Connect) and the problem is still there. I would ask for a whole new One Connect box, but at this point I'm getting the feeling nothing will change...

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The guy that had his new one connect solve the problem wasn’t experiencing the same thing we are. This is a software bug in the TVs firmware. I spoke to another guy on Reddit and he said he had this bug with 4 different Samsung models. He bought a Sony X900 (I think it’s called) and the problem immediately went away with his Xbox. Come On Samsung. Stop asking me to get my tv serviced. This is a software bug! Fix this already! $1000 on this piece of junk down the tubes.

timstack
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a service tech out about 4 weeks ago. Told him about the white flash and did absolutely nothing about it. Just ran some Test in the service menu. I also believe it's a firmware issue.

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my main board replaced as well. The flashes actually stopped for like 3 weeks after that then started up again. Maybe when performing the factory reset after the new hardware, it temporarily solved the problem. Still didn’t permintely fix it. 

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA340TQVDsq wrote:

The people that solved this issue with a new one connect box doesn’t have the same issue we do. It’s obviously something else.  NOTHING resolves the issue I’ve been having. Sometimes it’s not just a white flash. It can be different colors. Sometimes they are very subtle. Other times super obvious. It’s so strange.

you are describing the same issue im having. you mentioned it seems to happen more often when playing 4k blu rays and that the flash is sometimes different colors. same here, and ive also replace my one connect box with no success. did you ever figure out what is causing the issue and or how to resolve it?

SamsungStung
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same exact problem on my brand new Samsung 55 inch HD television. They asked me to unplug it from a surge protector and plug directly into the wall. That did not stop these bright flashes which look like someone taking a photo with their flash on. It looks like a lightning strike on the TV. Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you're still within you're return window exchange it. It dealt with this exact issue for a year....and I tried literally everything. I was even in contact with a Samsung software engineer regarding the flash. It was never resolved. I ended up getting a different model. Trust me. You won't be able to fix it

SamsungStung
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Unfortunately Bj’s does not carry this model any longer and it will be up to management to give me a model comparable to what I paid. It was $1200 originally and I got it at a great price for 39 unfortunately Bj’s does not carry this model any longer and it will be up to management to give me a model comparable to what I paid. It was $1200 originally and I got it for $599! No way am I going to get a TV as good as this one is supposed to be for $599. I am the one that’s the loser!