cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamsungStung
Cosmic Ray

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m trying to get them to do that for me but they’re making me jump through hoops, run through sticker bushes as well as hot coals! LOL. Can’t even start a service ticket because they don’t offer service in my area. A pop up window came up during my attempt. Called customer service and went through the gamut with them. Have to EFax copies of everything except my birth certificate to get a response from anybody! I will never purchase a Samsung product again !!

SamsungStung
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me too! Mine is only 3 months old and it started immediately. I have the UN 55MU 800 series. I was told to never plugged into a surge protector because there’s a built-in surge protector already in the TV. After reading through some of the post I discovered Sam song has been sending connect box replacements out to certain people. Samsung also says my TV is out of warranty even though I’ve only had it for three months! Evidently the manufacture date has a lot to do with what they have in their system and when a customer purchases a specific TV. Tried to set up a service ticket and a pop-up interrupted me and would not let me continue with my information stating that they do not offer service in my area. Now I’m doing the running around and jumping through hoops! I’ve had each arts as well as live phone calls. Reset everything, reconnected everything switched out cables etc.! This is a nightmare! The TV I purchased from Bj’s is no longer available. Originally it cost $1200 and I paid $599 for it. Samsung says it’s up to the store to decide what they will do for me. We all know what that means! I am the loser!!
userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so got a white flash when watching Batman Begins 4k blu Ray last night. Seems to happen more frequently with 4k blu rays then games. I also got a black screen tear and minor pixelating when watching this movie a couple of nights ago. This is definitely a software issue on the TVs end. I had these same issues with my PS4 pro. I also get split second audio dips which I also did with the pro. If Samsung were to get their head out of their asses, they could easily resolve these issues with a tv firmware update. Come on already! If not, give me a full refund so I can get a different brand tv that doesn’t throw off glitches like this. 

userl1tqK6ZOpY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this exact same problem. I have a 55" MU7000. Samsung refuse to do anything about it. I am sending my Xbox One X back to Microsoft for "repair", once I get it back and inevitably the TV still has the same issue I will be pushing Samsung harder. I'm super disappointed with Samsung and their customer service at this point.

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldnt even bother. The one X is prefectly fine. My base PS4 flashes also along with my One X. Flashes are much more faint and subtle on the PS4, but i contribute that to it being a 1080p device. Still happens on both devices tho meaning its the tv.

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh never mind. Read your comment wrong. The proof is the fact that several people are having this issue with various devices. It’s a Samsung software issue, and they don’t even bother looking into it. “Will forward issue accordingly” Thats the response I’ve gotten a couple of times. They keep offering to send a tech to the house. That doesn’t solve a software bug. Never again will I buy a Samsung. Btw, many times the flashes aren’t just white but different colors.

userecG6w5FzCG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA340TQVDsq wrote:

Oh never mind. Read your comment wrong. The proof is the fact that several people are having this issue with various devices. It’s a Samsung software issue, and they don’t even bother looking into it. “Will forward issue accordingly” Thats the response I’ve gotten a couple of times. They keep offering to send a tech to the house. That doesn’t solve a software bug. Never again will I buy a Samsung. Btw, many times the flashes aren’t just white but different colors.

Hi all was curious about this issue recieved a replacement q8f on weds and I'm getting red line flashes. White and yellow screen flashes and my screen blacked out for 2 seconds or so.

Also seen to have a lot of banding in games hdr or non hdr but mainly hdr

What's the issue here sure didn't see it on my ks tv

userkOa5EGCvHz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I've been suffering white flashes during scene transitions and have done some troubleshooting, a shame Samsung hasn't.

The flashes only happen when:

Picture mode = Movie

Auto Motion Plus Settings are on with Judder and Blur settings set to 1 or higher.

Could it be that some people have a replacement One Box and haven't set it to Movie mode as their original box and so they had no flashes and think it was cured?  Some people have reported the flashes start again, but that could be because they have later reapplied their favourite setings?

So after lots of testing I've found if I set the Picture mode to Natural, then make the same picture adjustments that Movie mode applies under Expert picture settings, I get an identical picture to the Movie picture mode, but no flashes.  Switch back to Movie mode, and it starts the white frame flashes again.

So Samsung, please get your firmware guys to see what is different with the Movie picture mode, and test in that mode with Auto motion settings enabled, at some point you will find footage that causes the white flashes at scene changes.

Regards

Phil

userA340TQVDsq
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don’t get them during scene transition. Mine happen randomly at anytime. They are either white or different color flashes. Happens with movie mode and HDR + mode. New one connect box, cables and new main board didn’t do anything. So far, nothing has fixed it

usereL8eRGE0BF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using certified hdmi cables rated at 18Gbps 4K@60Hz?

https://www.audioquest.com/cables/digital-cables/hdmi/pearl