cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

QLED TV forgets the HDMI connection after the cable TV switched off

I am using Q6F, it used to work fine.
After I had reconnected the HDMI recently, the TV forgets the cable TV everytime the set top box is switched off. I need to reinstall the cable tv all over again every day. The TV has no memory of it and it is marked as an "Unknown" connection. 

Anyone has a solution ? 
Thanks ! 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QLED TV forgets the HDMI connection after the cable TV switched off

I'm sorry to hear that, just to confirm are you still able to watch TV via the hdmi? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I can, but need to reinstall the cable box every time after switched off, or otherwise I can't control the cable tv with the tv remote. 

The weird thing is everything was normal until I reconnected the cables. Is there any setting I had done wrongly ? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend ensuring that you have the tv and the cable box both fully updated. Make sure that you have the cable box connected to the ARC HDMI port on your tv. Try unplugging your tv for about 5 minutes and retrying it directly in a wall socket. You can also try a factory reset of the tv if these do not help.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.