cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmaenner
Constellation

QLED TV issues

I am beside myself. I have been battling with Samsung for a year now. I purchased a 75" QLED Q7FN and a no gap wall mount to go with it totaling $3,413.29 on May 28, 2018 from Samsung.com. We did not buy an extended warranty because my credit card benefit extends my manufacturers warranty by two years. We paid to have the TV professionally mounted. We began having issues with this TV turning itself off within the first 3 months. Eventually, the TV wouldn't even turn on anymore. I called Samsung on August 28 and they had no record of a serial number attached to my order. They weren't even able to pull my order. They requested I email them my receipt multiple times. I believe I emailed my receipt in 3-4 times. They wouldn't do anything for me without my first providing the serial number, which was on the back of the tv, against the wall. My husband had a neighbor come over and help him remove the TV so I could take a photo of the serial number. I provided the number to Samsung. Finally, on Sept 19, a repair was scheduled. On Sept 25, the main board of the TV had to be replaced as well as the One Connect box. The TV was functioning again. A few months later, the TV began turning itself off again. I called Samsung on March 25, 2019 and, again, after much effort, they scheduled a repair. On June 8, a Samsung rep called me to ask if I had heard from the repair company. I told them the company had still not visited my home and they told me they were waiting for Samsung to authorize parts. The Samsung rep told me the company was giving him the run around as well and offered to either replace or refund our original TV. He informed me that the 75" Q7FN was no longer in stock and said the TV exchange would be of equal or greater value. I told him I needed to know what TV we would receive. He said I wouldn't know that until I agreed to the exchange and that would be handled by the Exchange Team. I told him I needed to be able to make an informed decision. I was finally able to speak with someone from the Exchange Team a couple days later. The lady I spoke with assured me that the new TV would be of "equal or greater value." She gave me the model number of the new TV. It was not compatible with our wall mount, so I asked to also exchange the wall mount. I was told that the wall mount is an accessory, so it is not covered by the warranty. Mind you, the wall mount was purchased from Samsung.com on the same order as the original TV. Samsung wouldn't budge on the mount, so I'm stuck with a $100 wall mount that I cannot use. The rep did, however, tell me that the new TV would come with a wall mount. I told her that I didn't see that on the website and asked if she was sure. She assured me that it would come with a wall mount and told me once I had it professionally mounted again, I could send in the receipt for reimbursement. She followed up our call on April 25 with an email requesting that I send in the receipt from the professional mounting. The TV exchange request was made on April 15, approved on April 28, allocated on April 30, and delivered on May 8. It did not come with a wall mount. I responded to the representative's email to inform her and I never heard back. I called Samsung and no one would help me. I also realized that the TV I was sent was $300 cheaper than my originally purchased TV. I called Samsung to complain, as I was promised a TV of "equal or greater value." During that call I was informed that the warranty exchange is based on a like TV, not a TV of the same monetary value. I explained that's not what I was told before I accepted the exchange. I could have taken a refund, purchased the same TV they sent me (if I chose to do so), and saved myself $300. I asked for them to pick up the TV they sent me and refund my money. They refused and told me I had already accepted an exchange. I responded that I accepted the exchange under false pretenses and they refused to make it right. I accepted that I had been taken advantage of but there was nothing I could do. I paid $250 to have the new TV mounted. This time it was more expensive because I had to have wires hidden (the original tv only had one thin wire, as it used a One Connect box) and I had to buy a new mount. This bring us to today. I had the TV mounted less than a week ago. Last night, grid-like lines appeared on my 3 week old TV. I, yet again, called Samsung. I told them I have spent more than 18 hours on the phone with Samsung, I have had TVs put on and taken off the wall several times (while having to keep a 2 year old away from it). At this point I just want them to take the TV and refund my money. I am being told my only option is to schedule a repair on my THREE WEEK OLD TV. I will, again, have to remove this giant TV from the wall and wait for a repair. Also, my warranty on the new TV is only good for 90 days AND my credit card benefit no longer applies because this replacement TV wasn't purchased with my Citi Card. I am appalled at Samsung's customer service. As a business, at some point, you should do what is right by the customer. That is not the case for Samsung. I am 7 months pregnant and this has caused me entirely too much stress. Has anyone been successful in a lawsuit? I just filed a claim with my state's Attorney General Consumer Protection Division. I don't know if anything will come of it. I am just exasperated with the entire experience. Several details were omitted for the sake of brevity. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QLED TV issues

I appreciate you sharing this experience with us and I would like to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message to the link with your most recent ticket number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

pmaenner
Constellation

I sent a private message with seven of my ticket numbers.

userbTWaPU1Bn9
Constellation

Did you ever receive a reply?

Samsung_iDOTNq9
Astronaut

I would also advise you to see if there is a TV station i...

I would also advise you to see if there is a TV station in your area that has a consumers protection department. That is one of their newscasters looks into situations like yours. They go after these companies and/or people to resolve these situations on your behalf. It may be worth a try along with your action with your Attorney General in your state. Here in Philadelphia channel NBC 10 has collected a monumental amout of money for their viewers. I hope this can be useful in your situation. Best of luck and congratulations on your new arrival to the family.

userLRzjkv0iZ1
Astronaut

Tnis story is sounding almost identical to my issue.  I already have 2 ticket numbers, no repairs, no replacements, and no options for a TV under warranty.  My TV is only 2 weeks old and I can get no help from Samsung.  They have been completely useless in resolving my issue.  I wish I read this review before I made a really dumb purchase in a Samsung product.  It will certainly be the last for me.

trapjackson069
Asteroid

Same. I’ve contacted support numerous times. The first couple of times connection was lost somehow and the last couple they just had me update or reset the tv which eventually ended up with a disconnection before I got any form of a resolution. Outstanding business model. Unfortunate I have morals or I’d try to get on board I get that make a killing off honest people’s hard work and money. Smh