cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

QLED Update 1356.2 No longer supports Netflix Dolby Atmos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 65" Q80R that has supported Dolby Atmos with Netflix so long as  Dolby Digital+ is selected in the sound expert settings. Since the recent firmware 1356.2 update I've noticed the sound settings are locked onto Dolby Digital+ when playing Netflix content and Dolby Atmos has gone away and now only 5.1 is available for content where dolby atmos once was. Hooked up to a Q80 soundbar that still supports Atmos from my bluray player with hdmi passthrough but the new tv firmware has taken a step further away from supporting Atmos all together. Huge bummer. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: QLED Update 1356.2 No longer supports Netflix Dolby Atmos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved. Months later after coming across an article and searching for a solution, if the tv update has wiped out Dolby atmos option for Netflix, try turning off Dolby atmos compatibility in sound expert setting then go into input signal plus and turn it off on the ARC input (input 4 on Q80R) then turn atmos compatibility back on and then input signal plus back on. Dunno if it has to be in that sequence but I was then able to select Dolby digital + again rather than it being locked and Atmos was again available on Netflix! This is also after the new May update for the Q80R sound bar and I don't know if that matters but this worked for me. Please share. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's things like this that make want to put my Q8OR for sale on FB Marketplace.

no Earc

no Dolby vision 

shaking head 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We were supposed to get eArc update / instead the downgraded our tvs and stole dolby atmos support on Netflix (is it more licensed penny pinching?) 

So no dolby vision /atmos and no eArc on my Samsung tvs that cost £5k!

Lg here I come! 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so freaking frustrating. I have a Q80R too and I just spent 1 hour with Netflix support thinking I had done something to the settings to have this happen. I can confirm the same thing - I only see 5.1 surround sound now - not Atmos like I was seeing earlier. I spent all this money to buy an Atmos soundbar and now have no content for it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey  @user8Fxpy4QJoj -  I was able to get this to work - I had to turn on the Input Signal Plus in the settings for the HDMI Input that was connected to the HDMI Arc input of the soundbar. Then while in the Netflix app, I went to Sound advanced settings and was able to flip to Dolby Digital + with Atmos Compatibility selected. When I did this and went back to Netflix I could see the titles were all now showing me the Dolby Atmos logo instead of the 5.1 before. Let me know if it works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't work for me / greyed out. 

Samsung has downgraded my TV. 

Not happy! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Full factory reset solved the problem. 

I now have atmos on Netflix. 

Samsung offers no help whatsoever. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not true  Still getting atmos

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get Dolby digital still with samsung netflix app.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am with you. The recent firmware 1356 on Samsung QLED Q80R  has removed Dolby Atmos label from all Dolby Atmos supported movies like 6 undergrounds. This is getting frustrated with Samsung as it seems every time they release new firmware update the more they do the more they damage to features! If Samsung are reading this they have not fix this ASAP!