cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: QLED Update 1356.2 No longer supports Netflix Dolby Atmos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here / they've stole atmos support from Netflix / I actually blew £5k on 2 samsung tvs (q90r /q80r) now having to use an external device (xbox) for Netflix!

And where is this poxy eArc update! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have just been on the online chat with Samsung and they have helped me solve the problem with the TV and soundbar I got this week.

If you have the new software version on your TV and Atmos is not available in the content on Netflix you need to do a Smart Hub reset. I did this and 5.1 content is now showing as Atmos in the Netflix application on the TV.

Settings> Support> Self Diagnosis> Reset Smart Hub

Once you have done this the Home bar will reset which means all of your apps will hve to be re added but when you sign back into Netflix the content will show as Atmos when it is available. I checked this with the movie Extraction and the soundbar was displaying Atmos as well.

The adviser told me to do a Smart Hub reset whenever an app starts playing up.

My setup is;

TV 2019 Q85R

2019 Q80R soundbar

All linked up with standard 10.2Gps HDMI cables

Hope this helps. Spread the word.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a Qled 65 and the same problem happened to me, restart the smart hub and then the tv, and nothing, enter netflix from the xbox with atmos support there it recognized it and when it returned to the tv app it updated atmos automatically , no more than 5.1, I think the problem is the netflix app, you have to activate rl atmos from another device.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have noticed in game mode the emotion is soo bad when I'm moving the camera the motion is not soft but blurry and the color is not vibrate anymore is less colorful then the first patch when you bought the samsung Q80r please fix this I really love samsung but what the heck man please fix this

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved. Months later after coming across an article and searching for a solution, if the tv update has wiped out Dolby atmos option for Netflix, try turning off Dolby atmos compatibility in sound expert setting then go into input signal plus and turn it off on the ARC input (input 4 on Q80R) then turn atmos compatibility back on and then input signal plus back on. Dunno if it has to be in that sequence but I was then able to select Dolby digital + again rather than it being locked and Atmos was again available on Netflix! This is also after the new May update for the Q80R sound bar and I don't know if that matters but this worked for me. Please share. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I had the non atmos logo issue on Netflix and it's been a frustrating first 4 hours with the hw-q90r! 

So here goes... I have a Q80R 65" now used with a hw-q90r. My previous sound bar was the cheap but reliable hw-r550. Even though this didn't support Dolby digital + or atmos, I was able to configure the tv to switch to dd+ and select atmos on in expert sound settings... this then showed the Netflix atmos logo but obviously no sound would come out of the 550 as it can't support dd+ or for that matter atmos through arc. 

So today I connected up my hw-q90r and loaded up Netflix and low and behold no atmos logo on atmos titles... I updated firmware, did the soloutions mentioned in this post but still nothing. High frustrating.... I then hooked up the r550 up. Turned atmos on, selected dd+ ensured input signal plus was on and voila... atmos logo was back. I instantly connected the hdmi back to the q90r bar and selected the soundbar and FINALLY atmos now shows on Netflix!!! 

I cant figure out why it now shows it after switching between soundbars. It was either a dodgy hdmi connection and worked when I switched soundbars back and forth as the cable went into the soundbar correct on reinsertion or the hw-q90r just doesn't like to play ball. Either way another work around to what seems to be a frustrating issue for all. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am using the QLED Q90r.

The missing dolby atmos problem should appear in Netflix also when using only the TV speakers without connecting a soundboard?

Also, if you know about the update downgrading the picture quality, like HDR peak brighnteas (read that somewhere).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you need restart the tv a factory setting. 
firts try restar the smart hub 

info boots and sometimes works 

the bright don't work in image settings leve -3 o 3 is the same thing 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I can watch Netflix and receive Dolby Atmos with only the TV speakers?