cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGrimm
Asteroid

QN55Q6FNAFXZA TV Making Popping Noise

I have a QN55Q6FNAFXZA QLED TV and it makes popping noises every few minutes.  This is the second QN55Q6FNAFXZA TV I have purchased in 30 days.  I took the first back because it was making the same popping noises.

The TV makes the noise no matter what I do.  For instance the noise occurs if:

the volume is muted

the volume is low

the volume high

audio out is selected

The TV will make the noise if no inputs are connected to the TV.

After I watched the TV for a period of time and turned the TV off, the TV made the popping noise while off.

After using the TV and powering off, it will even make the noise if you unplug the power cord from the wall.  Under the worst case, the TV made the noise once every 10 or 15 minutes for 2 hours.

36 REPLIES 36
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN55Q6FNAFXZA TV Making Popping Noise

Please send us a private message so that we can set you up for service. You can do so by using this link: Link

MrGrimm
Asteroid

I sent a private message to Samsung today.  Hopefully this is a known and fixable problem.

I guess there is always the possiblity that the noise is thermal expansion, but it certainly doesn't sound like it to me.

userJco29bW4vN
Constellation

Our QN55Q6FNAFXZA is doing the same thing. Were you able to resolve this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

userJco29bW4vN, does it occur on all sources and inputs? What is the current software version?

userJco29bW4vN
Constellation

Not sure about the different sources/inputs. We mostly watch directv and prime video. I’ll check into it. 

The software version is 1103.

userJco29bW4vN
Constellation

Definitely does it on HDMI2 which is Directv. It also does it after the TV us turned off and even unplugged, up to an hour or so after turning it off, sometimes every minute, sometimes with several minutes in between the pop/click sounds. The noise is definitely NOT coming through the speakers. It sounds like when something new is heating up or cooling down and you get that clicking/popping sound.

MrGrimm
Asteroid

Firmware:  1103

The sound comes from all sources on the TV and even makes the noise while off/in stand-by.

userJco29bW4vN
Constellation

Checked - the sound happens no matter the source/input. 

userJco29bW4vN
Constellation

It also makes the noise after being unplugged.