cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN55Q6FNAFXZA TV Making Popping Noise

If everything in this thread has been tried and the TV's firmware is fully up-to date then repairs are recommended. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJco29bW4vN
Constellation

SamsungCole, do you have any idea what the problem could be? I’ve only had the TV for 9 days. I will most likely return it to Bestbuy.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sadly the mods here are not qualified to diagnose the exact cause of any symptoms, I'm sorry. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userw8IeesOXQC
Constellation

I'm, unfortunatly, experiencing the same issue. my QN55Q6FNAFXZA is making what sounds like an electrical pop or click every 20 - 40 seconds. Theres no consistant pattern. 

I really like the TV and it would be a hassle to return it, so im hoping there is an easy fix. 

I purchased the TV on 21 august '18

JAke6
Constellation

Did you ever get this resolved?  My 75" Q7FN is doing the same thing.  Popping sound from the TV, have a recevier for sound so speakers are disabled, does it when tv is on or off.  Sounds like something in the frame is expanding/contracting due to heat and rubbing against something else causing a pop sound.   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@JAke6, Samsung televisions use a combination of metal and plastic material. These materials are subject to expansion and contraction due to temperature changes. With expansion or contraction occasional creaking, popping, or cracking may be heard. These noises are completely harmless and will not affect the TV's operation or damage the unit. If you feel like the noise is too loud. We can always look into this further. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number.

userOjAam8TEf1
Constellation

I’m having the same problem with my Q6 it’s making a poping noise when it’s on or off. With hdmi in or without. And it’s current with the updates. What should I do? Return the tv? I just bought it 5 days ago.
userw8IeesOXQC
Constellation

Because of the popping, I decided to exchange my Q6 for the same model to see if it was actually a unique problem. It isn’t. My second 2018 Q6 clicks ans pops just as much as the first one. 

Now im much more confident that it’s just the plastics expanding and contracting due to heat. I don’t think it’s a big deal and after a while, you don’t even notice it. 

Its been great otherwise. 

userOjAam8TEf1
Constellation

Day 6 with popping, should I be concerned? I really don’t want to return the tv but if their all like that what’s the point then. I wish there was a way to make it go away. 

user0ufPVOTfkv
Constellation

I have the same issue too... And i notice the popping noise change when i change the backlight... The noise come from the bottom left of the tv on the back. Does the problem disapear after few time ? 

i have make a vdo of the problem

https://youtu.be/4uw6QKnMThA

This noise come from the back of the tv and didn't disapear totally whereas the tv is hot.