cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQmWILwJtjO
Constellation

Re: QN55Q6FNAFXZA TV Making Popping Noise

My TV does this too, it is NOT thermal expansion of plastic and metal, it is something to do with faulty electronics like capacitors dissipating electrical charge, does it after use, the longer the uae the longer the popping/clicking noise every 15-25 seconds, annoying trying to sleep with this tv clicking for up to 1-2 hours.

user0ufPVOTfkv
Constellation

Exactly the same problem for me, my first q6fn has the clicking problem, i have ask for a replacement, and the 2nd q6fn does it too... But not on the first days  !  And i have to the say the clinking noise change when you change the backlight value...

Don't understand annything about this...

An another strange things is touching the area where the sound from make it appear 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user0ufPVOTfkv: Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user0ufPVOTfkv
Constellation

Unfortunatly, i bought the TV in a retailer in FRANCE, so i don't know if i have a transaction number, but now the tv is 9 days old and its a QEQ6FNAT

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We can only support US products. Please contact Samsung Support in your region: http://bit.ly/lBD2zm

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJ32Z02Fvgc
Constellation

Was this problem resolved, or at least explained? I recently got a Q7, and it's popping as well. Always on the lower left side, sounds like an electrical discharge. Nothing to do with external sources, or the TV speakers. Pops ever 30-120 seconds, keeps popping a couple of hours after shut off.

I'm considering returning it, but it's known Samsung (or at least Q-series) problem I'm worried the next one will be just as bad.

userJHXCFq1sg9
Constellation

I have a q7fn 55in that is doing the same thing, thought it would go away after a while but the noise is getting worse and more bothersome.  Called tech service and they literally read me the thermal expansion dialoage from earlier in this thread after having me reset the TV.  Would take the stupid thing back to amazon but the box got ruined.  Now thinking I have to sell it on craigslist or something because I can't stand trying to sleep with the stupid popping noise

userSqAtNLpzMa
Astronaut

LG TV's Too!

Popping noise from my brand new LG 55UJ7700 TV.

Seems to be from some type of plastic expansion/contraction.

Well its getting harder to trust Samsung and LG anymore with their cheap construction practices.

There are ways to stop this type of problem in the manufacturing process.

I will be calling LG tomorrow, but i'm not expecting much from them.

I might take of back cover and have a look aground.  Might be able to "pad" certain areas.

I'm considering returning my set to Sam's Club.....90 day return policy.

JUST NOT SURE WHAT TO REPLACE IT WITH!!!!

PS....Picture is good (if adjusted properly). Sound is good, TV stand is bad. Build quality is fair to cheap.

userB2ZIWMczMh
Constellation

Re: LG TV's Too!

Does anyone know if this problem goes away over time? I’m having the same issue with my new NU8000 but I have zero desire to pack it up and return it to Best Buy if it’s something that’s likely going to happen again if I replace it. The problem doesn’t bother me too much but I do hope it eventually goes away on its own 

userhZO0Kwg8bI
Constellation

Hello Guys. I recently bought a Q6FN as well and the First thing I noticed was the popping/cracking noise. I immediately took it back to the store where I bought it from. The shop owner told me that the specific Samsung TV models (Q6,Q7,Q9, 55-65-75NU etc) are faulty. These sounds are not normal and Samsung tries to sell these TV to get rid of them. In my country, all these models have a discount prize. Never buying from Samsung again.