cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzsS1qHq5Lx
Constellation

Re: QN55Q6FNAFXZA TV Making Popping Noise

I just update tv to 1202.3 firmware and this popping noises are gone. Update your Units guys.

userB2ZIWMczMh
Constellation

I updated my firmware and the noises are still there. It’s a physical issue with the construction of the TV. A software update wouldn’t fix that 

ChrisC15
Constellation

It's a really annoying problem. And it's pointless to pack it up to return it if my replacement is going to do the exact same thing. Mine has gone from one pop ever few minutes to every couple seconds. Then it goes away for a few minutes.. then it comes back when it feels like.

The TV is only 2 months old in my possession.. how will this affect it long term?? Samsung is not giving us any answers here and I feel this may need a complete product recall. All 2018 models I would consider replacing it with are affected apparently

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ChrisC15    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useroSyoXN1xqn
Constellation

New to the thread with a few week old QN75Q7FNAFXZA.

Best Buy Geek Squad came today and stated "coeeficient of thermal expansion" on rear panel. Popping noises from multiple locations around TV and varies in frequency. "Usually" goes away after ~ 15 minutes, but can resurface.

Geek Squad said "no fix" since the back panel is considered "cosmetic" and no tech notice.

$3000 for a popping TV - not happy.

userBFRDjdpYCK
Constellation

I have a UN65NU7100FXZA with the popping/clicking noise.  Seems to start rougly 8-12 mins after turning on the TV.  Pop/click occurs roughly every min.  Very annoying.  Guessing there will be some sort of class-action at some point.

WentzLV
Constellation

My Q6FN (55") started to make popping noise in 3rd day. Starts rougly ~5 mins after turning on the TV. First two hours ~15-20 second interval a crack. After 2-3 hours very rarely cracks can be heard. When turned off, again cracking  with ~20 sec interval about hour or more. Really annoying while you're sleeping you can hear those cracks really loud.

I took my TV to Samsung warranty repair and as I was told they changed power supply.  According to them annoying cracks are gone. I'll get my TV tomorrow to test it myself. Hopefully its working properly now. I'll post an update soon.

Subtitle blooming issue is another downside for this TV..