cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRZxX1Echwn
Asteroid

QN65 Q70RA - QLED Wall mounting - Dark Grey Bands on screens

I just got a brand new 2019 QLED Q70 series 65" TV. Wall-mounted it using the right spacers and screw length.  Its a tilt mount - Tilted at an angle.

When the TV Is wall-mounted, I see two dark horizontal bands on the screen which goes across the screen (1/3rd of the way from the top and the second one 1/3rd of the way from the bottom of the screen). --- See the attached photos of what it looks like.

When I remove it off the wall mount, and put it on a the stand and place it on a table, the screen appears perfectly fine.

Any idea what the problem is? -- I want to wall-mount this TV and not keep it on its Stand for various reasons (from safety to aesthetics)

Is there a specific wall mount that I need to buy ? (the one that i used is a fairly generic one which was used for a older 65 in tv, which we are upgrading about 4 yrs).

Or is this TV defective ?

PictureTest01.jpgPictureTest02.jpgPictureTest03.jpgSamsung_AmbientMode.jpgTV Channel.jpgYoutubeVideo_White.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN65 Q70RA - QLED Wall mounting - Dark Grey Bands on screens

What is the full model code of the television? 

userRZxX1Echwn
Asteroid

@SamsungHeath wrote:

What is the full model code of the television? 

Model Code : QN65Q70RAFXZA

Version No : FC02 / QRQ70

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Here are all the compatible wall mounts for the television model you provided: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/65--class-q70-qled-smart-4k-uhd-...

userRZxX1Echwn
Asteroid

i have seen those. ...but my question is, can a tilt wall mount cause such screen distortion? 

Is it a wall-mount issue or a TC defect when its tilted?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It cannot, however, mishandling or installation issues can cause this. 

userRZxX1Echwn
Asteroid

@SamsungGill wrote:

It cannot, however, mishandling or installation issues can cause this. 

or it could be manufacturing defect.

In this case, it certianly seems soo.. returning the tv back to amazon. 

usernQPivSJHG0
Constellation

Got the same symptom recently. Mine is Q70 65" Canadian model.

Remove all the connected HDMI cables and unplug the power cable. Turn off Input Signal Plus if needed. Then connect all the cables again. I believe it is related to HDMI firmware.

userBUvElzt1Lb
Constellation

I bought a Samsung Q7 just last night.  Transported it vertically home.  Followed install instructions to the letter.

When I powered it up, I noticed what seemed to be different color blooms in the four quadrants of the tv.  They were subtle, not in your face.  Like, lime green upper left, and light pink upper right, etc.  Watched a few hours of movies without incident.

Turned on the tv this morning.  Watched one show, no issues.  I go into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, and when I come back, I have the exact same two horizontal bands splitting the screen into thirds.   No more than 10 hours of use.  

It's going back to the store.  Not messing around with it.

I had a 75" Samsung for 15 months that developed vertical banding across the screen,  and a yellow bloom in the lower right quadrant, making for an unpleasant viewing experience.

It's such a pain to have to rebox and return these flat panels.