JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN65Q60RAFXZA No HDR Setting

(Topic created on: 2/29/20 11:50 AM)
Felarrond
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Have read a few posts and seen youtube videos.  Ordered this TV on Amazon and in the description it even says HDR, however when I go to expert settings in Picture settings there is no HDR toggle and Windows 10 doesn't show the display as HDR capable when set to 1080p 120hz or UHD at 60hz.  I know it's not my cable as I used this exact cable on my LG tv before it broke and it enabled HDR just fine.  There is no HDR setting in my menus, help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Felarrond
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm not sure why, but going into general settings and setting FreeSync to ultimate mode made Windows 10 recognize this device as HDR capable and I was able to enable HDR in Windows, however, HDR still has no toggle in Picture Settings > Expert Settings.  It appears I can shut it off by shutting off game mode.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Felarrond
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm not sure why, but going into general settings and setting FreeSync to ultimate mode made Windows 10 recognize this device as HDR capable and I was able to enable HDR in Windows, however, HDR still has no toggle in Picture Settings > Expert Settings.  It appears I can shut it off by shutting off game mode.

View solution in context

user5vs2wBcaFT
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks, this worked for my combination of Q70R + 1070 GTX and my laptop which  runs 1660ti. Seems you need to put Freesync to Ultimate to work

0 Likes