cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

QN65Q7FAM sometimes only has voice and no picture

I have a 3 year old flatscreen that has begun to infrequently (becoming more frequent since it began) only have voice and no picture when it is turned on.  This can be remedied by unplugging the power for a minute and then turning it back on. 

While this solves the immediate problem, it is annoying to have it happen and awkward to execute.

Any thoughts on rectifying this problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN65Q7FAM sometimes only has voice and no picture

What is your TV's model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

QN65Q7FAM

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you provide the current software version for the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

1280, auto update is and has been checked off

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen with external devices or with apps on the TV or both? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am not sure how to answer but I will try.

i do not have a subscription to cable TV.  I use the TV to access the internet wirelessly.  I watch YouTube, YouTube TV, and Prime using the built in capability of the TV.  When I turn the TV on it always starts with some kind of cooking channel - maybe Taste?  I then use the remote to select which of the above I want to watch.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset, you can do that by navigating to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The TV is connected to a Sonus sound bar and I have 2 Sonos units driving 2 speakers each.  All set up about 3 years ago.  One quirk of the setup is you can only control the volume through Sonos.

Would all that survive a system reset?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yes, It will survive the reset. Also, try a smart hub reset as well.