Did you mean: 
Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

Re: QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

yes. I provided to Samsung.

userLwN3Xjx30F
Constellation

I have a 2018 Q9FN with the same intermittent Audio Stuttering issues. I currently have Version 1202.3 Firmware which is supposed to be the latest. Many of the replies to this post indicated that this is a software/firmware issue for having reliable Bitstream/Dolby Digital Audio. 

Is there an active resolution being worked for an update via Firmware to correct this issue?

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

Well, Good Luck. As you can see, this is a common issue. Samsung tried to fix it for me and sent a new Connect One Box. Same issue. Tried to send a technician out. No go. So, after several months, numerous calls, chats and emails to the CEO office (via weblink), they finally approved a return to Best Buy. I got credit and purchased an LG. I was able to prove that it was a Samsung issue via working with Sonos support and their diagnostics and also bypassing the one connect box for audio (Optical direct from DirectTV Box to Sonos) and not a single issue for days. Plugged back into one connect and BINGO! issue is back. I was disappionted and I own two other Samsung TVs. Not a single issue with my new LG C8. Hope that they do address this for others. 

userGozWWlWOwl
Constellation

I was just chatting with Samsung agent regarding this specific issue. He indicated there are no reported problems on this matter. What? How can that be when there are so many members reporting this issue in the Samsung Community? 

userdoS8kt9Bp9
Cosmic Ray

I bought a Q7 a couple weeks ago and I am experiencing the same thing.  It goes away after a while or if I change the channel.  Has there been any resolution?

userfojKZMSRqJ
Constellation

I purchased a brand new Samaung 55" Q8F 55QNQ8F.  I've used the TV for a combined 8 hours so far and am having similar sound stuttering issues.  Every 60 seconds or so the sound goes out and comes back sporadically sometimes once and sometimes for a good 10 seconds before it stops for another 60 seconds or so.

This is crazy.  Less than a day and a $2000 TV.  Was supposed to be my entry into owning a top of the line.  Had zero issues with my Sony soundbar and Samsung 40" (from 6 years ago) or my HiSense 40" just as old.  So the only TV in my house with issues is the brand new Q8?  Come on....

J_R-15
Asteroid

I purchased a  QN65Q9FNAFX  QLED and I have also been experiencing the audio stuttering issue.  I have a Sony soundbar connected via an Optical Audio cable to the Sony.  It stutters more frequently when you have the TV audio set to Internal Speakers and have the Optical Audio cable connected to the soundbar.  The frequency seems to be every 15 or 20 minutes the audio stutters for 5 seconds or longer.  Changing the channel or pausing the TV then returning to the program then the stutters stops.  I change the Internal Speaker setting to Off and left the audio output set to Optical Audio Out an the stuttering of the audio occurs but just occassionally. 

I am using a Dish Hopper.  Then the 4K Joey with 4K High Speed cables conneted between the 4K Joey and the QLED TV.  Then an Optical Audio cable to the Sony Soundbar.

JuNiTo79
Constellation

Just got my tv a few days ago and i sat down to watch my first movie and Im having the same problem!! Any solution to this?
Highlighted
J_R-15
Asteroid

Do you have a sound bar or using internal speakers on the TV?  What Model TV? Are you using Digital Optical Audio cables or HDMI?

I contacted Sony and they suggested for troubleshooting you place the input and output setting on the TV from Bitream to PCM since I am using a Sony soundbar the uses the Optical Audio cable (only supports 2 channel audio per there support) and not HDMI.  I did this for a few days and this seemed to resolve the issue.  Then as a test, I ran the audio direct from the Dish 4K Joey to the sound bar and bypassed the TV.  This works as well but the TV speakers would have to be used for any internet programming like Netflix, etc. coming from the TV via the internet.  This also stopped the stuttering issue.

I need to circle back to this issue with the PCM with Samsung.

JuNiTo79
Constellation

I got Samsung Q965, Samsung n950 soundbar and samsung blu ray and have the same problem! Smiley Sad