cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_R-15
Asteroid

Re: QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

I would open up a ticket with Samsung so they have multiple customers complaining about the same issue.  They need to handle digitial bitstream audio in the TVs better than they do today.  

J_R-15
Asteroid

Another item to check if you are connecting devices via HDMI and if you have 4K equipment, are the quality of the HDMI cables.  The HDMI cables need to be high speed cables that support 4K.  The data rates are much higher than standard HDMI cables.  They are around 18GBs instead of rated at 10GBs per second.  They also have gold tips so you can tell the difference from standard HDMI cables.  The devices communicate with each and if they cannot because of degradation in the signal or speed related issues strange things happen to the final audio or video.  Long HDMI runs like 25 to 30 feet become problematic as well without special devices.  These are items that are commonly overlooked.

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

Same issue here. Brand new Q965FN with one connect box. Optical cable to my Sonos Playbase. Source is my Direct tv genie 4K mini.  Interestingly, I don’t recall ever having an issue using another source such as Netflix or Apple TV. Could it be the Direct TV setup? All the same symptoms and remedies tried in this thread. Not happy about it. Who has a phone number to actually speak with a US Samsung support person? Thanks in advance. 

userElP1KaEWQS
Astronaut

Having the same issue with my Samsung UN65NU800D and a Samsung HW-MM55C soundbar. I get this choppy sound every so often and it's annoying. Had the TV for about 1 month before getting the soundbar for xmas and never had the choppy sound. So it has something to do with the soundbar being connected. I've tried both the optical cable and now the HDMI and experienced the choppy sound with both set ups. I already threw out the box for the surround sound so what can I do?

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

I don't have any answers :-(...I guess we just hope that Samsung can fix this via Firmware updates. I have replaced all cables and still have this issue. 

userLi4feuCs0P
Constellation

I'm in the UK and have a Samsung UE50NU7020, and going through it I have Virgin Media and a blu-ray player with 4K HDMI cables. I occasionally also have an iMac linked up to it with a Mini Display Port cable.

I've had it just over two months and the choppy sound comes and goes. It started when I plugged in my mac so I didn't think much of it at first, but I now notice it on all devices that go through the HDMI ports. It doesn't happen on terrestrial TV or using any of the Smart features.

Highly annoying, and I've tried all the methods listed in this thread, but nothing works permanently. Changing channels and back again works but then, after a while, it comes back.

I've spoken to a Samsung representative on the phone and she said that, as it's over 28 days old, they won't replace it. Which is so frustrating as it's not something I really cared too much about at first until I noticed that the problem won't go away.

It's comforting that I'm not alone, but it is highly infuriating that we don't seem to be getting anywhere. This may be the first and last time I buy a Samsung TV. 

userIzbsTNp5c2
Astronaut

Bought my mom a UN43NU7100FXZA which arrived today and having the stutter and sync problem on both prime and Netflix. Changed the HDMI audio to PCM and this seems to have mostly worked (just had hiccup after about 30 mins of good audio which is a huge improvement) but not a total fix. 

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

Yeah, that's what they suggested to me. I told them know way...I didnt spend $3K on tv not to have Bitstream and Dolby Digital. They are actually sending me a new One Connect box. I am very sceptical, but at least it is something to try.  They have a serious issue with either the One Connect, TV or both. They need to make it right.

Highlighted
Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

So, i have other posts here and have been dealing with same issue for several months now. Samsung shipped me a new One Connect box -- didn't help (no surprise there). 

Here is what I have now done, to see if this helps. I am bypassing the One Connect Box audio input entirely. I have Direct TV Genie and Genie Mini (4k). I previously had the optical cable going from the One Connect Box Optical OUT to my Sonos Playbase Optical IN. Thus, using the One Connect Box as the Audio source that I assume derived the actual audio from the HDMI input also from the Direct TV Genie Mini.

So, NOW WHAT I HAVE DONE is to bypass the One Connect Box entirely for audio. I now have the Optical OUT going from the Direct TV MINI DIRECTLY TO THE SONOS OPTICAL INPUT.   The downside appears to be that the Samsung Remote can no longer control the volume (SONOS) because I already have the Direct TV Remote controlling the Sonos audio and only one remote is allowed to control the Sonos. We use the Direct TV remote most of the time so should be ok - a little anoying at times, but I will deal with it.

I will post up in a few days/weeks to let everyone know if taking the One Connect Box out of the equation solves it. 

FIngers Crossed!

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

Darn! This won't work because then I can not get audio from the "Smart TV" apps like Netflix through the Sonos...UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Samsung, please fix the issue with Optical Audio out from the One Box.