cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

Just checking in to see if you would like to continue with service.

userjxea236407
Constellation

I have the audio-stutter issue on my Q8. I've read most of the replies on this topic and although there are some variances there is a common subset of variables.

As a retired firmward engineer I'll give an engineering opinion:

I worked on resolving a similar problem that plagued a network shaping appliance for months.

Short summary:

On power-up the box did a disk scan. During that 1-2 minutes scan the text ouput on the admin console text ouput would..."stutter". As it turned out the disk driver had highest priority and was starving the console text output task. Finding this problem took hundreds of hours and lots of grief from boss (it was not my design). Fixing it took me two hours. I just made the disk driver "play nice".

If I'm correct, it may take Samsung quite a while to resolve this, if ever.

Johnnydownunder
Constellation

I just bought a Samsung QN65Q7FN in the weekend and was firstly shocked and stunned to discover it will not play MKV files with sound from any source, and then to have problems when streaming music through Plex to have minor sound dropouts throughout playback.  This even happened when playing a CD from my Sony UBP-X800 blu ray player and the same sound dropouts happened. The playback just briefly mutes throughout any track. I am fortunate to not have problems with Netflix  Prime Video playback etc as sounds from apps seems fine......  thsu far !

I have thus far tried plugging into the HDMI ARC input, changing from bitstream to PCM but to no avail. I am thinking of upgrading my HDMI cable but am not optimistic that will solve anything. I am currently using a Sony UBP-X800 bluray player to stream Plex through. I previously had a reliable Sony tv but not a 4K one.

One alterantive is to return to simply sending signals straight to my Pioneer sclx57 receiver, like I did previously without the slightest sound issue. The only problem is I won't have any visual interface if the Samsung TV is out of the loop. I could use a phone app to choose and view tracks and artists.Is there any way I can use video pass through to involve the Samsung but avoid its sound issues? 

I have never needed to use such measures in the past. I am totally unimpressed with the serious weaknesses in this product which the saleman overlooked telling me and might insist on a full refund. Unless it is easily solvable Saumsung will get a deserved one star review from me. And I was sooooooo close to buying an LG C8 ....at a cheaper price.   I have thought of getting a OSMC Vero 4K + streaming box to use for Plex instead of the Sony, but I am not at all sure that would improve things. The issue seems to be the infamous and inadequate "one box".

Cheers

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

Yep! After several months of chat, emails, phone calls, I wrote an email to the VP North America and the CEO. Next day got a call. VERY LONG story short, they finally authorized a full credit/return to Best Buy. Best Buy was great and worked with me as well leading up to this. Ended up with the LG 65" C8. Could not be happier!! I own 2 other Samsung TV and have loved them.  I will likely never buy another Samsung. RETURN IT!! Get the LG. You won't regret it. Everything is better. The viewing angle is awesome. Good Luck.

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

PS: It is the Box. Don;t waste your money on other components...it won't help. 

Highlighted
Johnnydownunder
Constellation

Well done. You have saved me squandering money on an improved HDMI cable!

It is a little more complicated for me being way down under in New Zealand....but armed with numerous and informed comments on this thread I might well demand a refund...under New Zealand consumer law, things are meant to function "as they were intended" Poor audio playback from a CD on a high quality bluray player is unacceptable, surely. We'll find out. My wife won't be impressed as I talked up Samsung. And I thought the LG picute was better in the store too !! Who would have guessed this "highly reviewed" Samsung TV is  a clunker in some major respects...MKV playback and audio.

Cheers

userjxea236407
Constellation

Does anyone know firsthand if the 2019 QLED models (Q70/Q80/Q90) have resolved any of these audio problems?