cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

My one week old QN65Q9FNAF TV is experiencing audio stutter while watching content on my Verizon FIOS HD Cable Box (CHS 335HDC P2).  My TV is connected to a Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar via the HDMI ARC using a high speed HDMI cable. This is a replacement for a brand new Q9F purchased in May 2018 that was suffering from the same audio stuttering issue. The original TV had the OneConnect Box and the Invisible Cable replaced, but it did not correct the problem.  I have four other Verizon FIOS HD boxes, so I tried all without any change in the situation, same audio stuttering.

The following has been tried with the brand new Q9F TV:

- Reset the Smart Hub (same audio stuttering)

- Reset the TV to Factory Setting (same audio stuttering)

- Purchased a new Samsung HW-N450 Soundbar (same audio stuttering)

- Used the Optical cable and unplugged the HDMI (same audio stuttering)

- Replaced both the HDMI and Optical cables (same audio stuttering)

- Tried four other Verizon FIOS Cable Boxes (same audio stuttering)

- Tried another Samsung TV at the same wall cable outlet (no stuttering observed)

The audio stuttering can last from a few seconds to indefinitely until I change the channel.  This is how I have been stopping the stuttering. I change the channel and then return to the original channel that was stuttering. I finally went into the Sound menu and changed the HDMI Input Audio Format and the Digital Output Audio Format from Bitstream/Dolby Digital to PCM/PCM. This seems to stop the audio stutter, but I lose the Dolby Digital sound. It seems that either the TV's CPU cannot keep up with the digital high bitrate or the Dolby Digital software has a glitch.  My Q7F, KS9500, and two older Samsung are not having this problem.  I really do not want to keep the TV's sound in PCM mode since I paid a lot of money to have a TV with quality picture and sound.

Can someone please provide any other suggestions that I can try to resolve this issue?

43 REPLIES 43
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

Whenever you tried another Samsung TV on the same wall cable outlet, was the TV still connected to the One Connect Box? If you have the other TV connected and the One Connect Box was also not connected, it is possible the root of the symptom. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

The other TV that was connected to the same wall outlet does not have a OneConnect Box. It is an older TV. It was not connected simultaneously with the Q9F TV. I am not using a splitter. The original Q9F TV prior to the replacement one that I now have had the OneConnect Box replaced twice. It also had the Invisible cable replaced. The Samsung technician that came to my home replaced the Main Board in the original TV, but I could not test it because the TV completely broke and I could not conduct the startup to test it. It remained broken for over a month before I received the current Q9F last week.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useri0ebm9sR22, if you would like for us to look into this further please send us a private message with your most recent ticket number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userk0vRoTKIrg
Constellation

Hi there,

Some issue here  in italy with the same tv model.

Have you set  local dimming to high on the advanced image menu?

I believe that there should be some settings that overload the cpu work, and this make the sound to stutter.

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

I will check my setting to see if this has any change in the audio stuttering. Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Keep us posted.  

userazMk3seENi
Astronaut

To Samsung moderator

has a solution to this issue been determined?  We are having the same stuttering problem.  

Please advise

thank you 

user8RZNFx6J23
Constellation

I have an 82" Q6 which has a reoccurring audio stutter. I typically stream most programs through a 4k Amazon Fire device and interestingly enough, everytime I restart the Amazon Fire device (by going to Setting->device->restart) the audio stutter is remedied. That is without turning the television off even. I believe this issue has more to do with how the television is taking incoming sound, processing it, then offloading it to a sound system. I would think this type of issue could be fixed with a firmware update given the nature. A possible work around might be to have all sound go through the sound system 1st and have the video pass through the sound system to the TV. I apologize if this has been attempted, I've read too many forum posts today to keep track. Also, I just checked and there is a new firmware update. Good luck!

user4vXauOGNrl
Constellation

I also have a similar audio stutter problem with a new Samsung QN55Q7FNA 2018 TV. My setup includes a Bose Soundtouch 300 sound bar connected via the ARC HDMI port and a TIVO Bolt DVR hooked up to Xfinity cable. Prior to the new Samsung TV, I had a LG OLED B6 TV which suffered from serious burn in. I had no sound issues until I repplaced the LG OLED TV with a new Samsung QN55Q7FNA 2018 firmware 1153.

Like the original poster, I get occasional audio stuttering when I have my sound options set to Dolby. If I change the TV channel or pause a TIVO recording, that usually circumvents the problem. If I change my sound options to PCM that seems to fix the problem permanently but at a cost of inferior sound quality. I should be able to use Dolby on this Samsung TV !