cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersOtTfFYkhT
Constellation

Re: QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

We purchased an 82 inch Qled and have the same problems.  It happens on ANY channel, any time.  It can last from a minute to several seconds.  Changing channels helps.  I do not want months or years of problems,  I will be returning the TV.  I expect better.

userk0vRoTKIrg
Constellation

On the next days they will change my one connect mainboard. I will keep you informed. I'm starting to belive that is a software issue.

Have you done a factory reset from the service menu so maybe I can avoid to do ?

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

I tried adjusting the local dimming, but there is no change in the audio stuttering. I spoke with Verizon FIOS and we did a thorough review of the Verizon FIOS HD Set Top Box.  Verizon pinged the box and went through the complete menu settings.  The Set Top Box is working perfectly.  So far, the only way to stop the stuttering is to change the TV channel or go into the TV's "Sound" menu and then "Expert" settings.  I changed the HDMI Input Audio Fprmat and the HDMI Output Audio Format both to PCM.  The TV no longer stutters when I use these settings, but I lose the Bitstream/Dolby Digital + capability that I will need to use with the new Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos that I am about to purchase. This TV was bought specifically for entertaining my guests in a theater-like setting, and using the Dolby Atmos system. Right now that is completely out the window until Samusng fixes this sotware issues. It is definitely a software issue since the audio stuttering stops when the HDMI Input/output is set to "PCM."  This is my second Q9F in four months. The Samsung technician completely broke the first Q9F TV by replacing the Main Board, which prevented the TV from communicating with the OneConnect Box (Black screen with a picture of the TV and OneConnect bOx not communicating).  If you change your Main Board, please let me know the outcome. These TVs are too expensive to be having these low-end issues.

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

By the way, there is no service reset of this TV. There are only two resets, Factory and Smart Hub. I've done both several times.  Be careful of the factory reset because I had a lot of trouble with the Startup setup. The TV would not accept my Zip Code during the Startup setup after doing the Factory reset and I could not Skip the Zip Code requirement for several hours. I'm not sure if Samsung fixed this issue with their server yet.

userk0vRoTKIrg
Constellation

To enter service menu I used an old remote of samsung's tv

Method 2 worked for me

https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu

Form there there is a reset to factory options, that a samsing technical said me is a different things comapred to the option present on the normal menu.

I'll keep you informed, but I think changing the main board won't fix my issue.

For me the problem is more annoying because I have a 5.1 home theatre and set PCM as audio format, make useless my speaker surround :-(

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

Samsung is well aware of this audio stuttering problem and needs to fix it quickly. If Samsung’s top of the line TV cannot play Dolby Digital content, then why are we paying so much ($4000 US) for a TV that is only capable of 1980s stereo sound. This is a great disappointment. My Samsung 6300 and 6500 are more capable of playing Dolby Digital content than my high-end Q9F TV. Go figure. I’m glad that I waited to buy the Samsung HW-N950 Dolby Atmos Soundbar. It would be completely useless as your 5.1 system on this Q9F TV.

userk0vRoTKIrg
Constellation

I contacted the technical center and they said this is not in their firmware's bug list. We will see what will happen!

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

I am shocked because my first Q9F was received in May 2018 and i reported the issue then.  I was told that the Engineers were already working on this.  You are confirming to me that they are actually doing absolutely nothing about it and I can't return the TV because Samsung delayed me for more than the 45 days I had to get another brand.  Bad business. Two of two new Q9F TVs with the same exact audio stuttering problem. I agree with you that it is not a hardware problem. They broke my first Q9F by replacing the Main Board. I am definitely not comfortable with them attempting the same repair again on my new Q9F.

userk0vRoTKIrg
Constellation

Hi, 

Samsung's technician came home and has replaced the mainboard of the one connect and the optical cable (to the tv), and now are two days that the sound no longer stutter. He said me that could be a problem with my electrical system that have dameged my one connect unity that is rellay susceptible. That's why now I'm calling an Electrician, may be he can repair that strange electrical peeks that are present on my electrical system .

P.S I'm sorry for my english :-P

useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

Hello,

Thank you for providing this feedback. Very interesting that the Main Board in the OneConnect Box and not the TV was replaced. I am expecting the Samsung technician today. I hope that the technician that I am receiving is prepared to do the same to my two-week old TV. Wish me luck.  Thanks again and I'll report back when the repairs are complete and I have had some time to test the repair.