cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAWFXawYXXN
Constellation

Re: QN65Q9FNAF - Audio Stutter

This isn't isolated to the q9 or the one connect box. I have the q6f and have the same audio stutter via HDMI or optical cable and we don't have the one connect. Several dealings with Samsung and they still don't acknowledge the problem. PCM is not a problem. I still have a few days before my return period ends.  I may take it back for another brand

userj6AYDnrL9E
Constellation

I have the sound stutter issue as well. New Samsung QN82Q65FN with TiVo connected via HDMI to tv and a Sonos playbar connected via optical to tv.  I did have an older Samsung sound bar connected via hdmi to tv and just replaced it with the Sonos playbar because of this sound stutter issue.  Unfortunately, the stutter remains even though the sound bar and connect cable is different.  I have not contacted Samsung yet but plan too.

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

yep! I bet if you bypass the one connect box for audio it works fine. Put the optical from Tivo to soundbar. Works great! I tried 2 once connect boxes..it's not faulty..they have an inherint flaw. My LG is awesome. So much so, i added a SUB to my SONOS on Sunday!! LOL Only took 6 weeks or so for them to authorize an exhange. And BestBuy just gave me store credit so I could swap brands.

userUsHxLq05xV
Constellation

I bought a q6fn 65 inch about 3 months ago and same issue. I thought it was my cable provider until reading this.  Using a Samsung soundbar n650. Which I had prior on my older 2015 4k 60inch samsung TV which did not have this issue using the same cable provider.  So clearly it's the TV and Samsung.  It's not all the time but at least a few times a day and only changing the channel helps. This is insane after all this time Samsung has done nothing about it.  I own almost all Samsung products and if they dont fix it soon I wont buy another thing from them ever again

ken-engineer
Constellation

Has Samsung spoken to this issue yet?  I bought a UN65NU800D in late November (2018) and have been trying to resolve the stuttering audio (with occasional total dropouts) issue since then.  I thought it has something to do with my setup or my AVR.  I changed out cables, tried the optical audio output and HMDI ARC.  Nothing has fixed it.  I stumbled on this discussion thread this week, which convinces me that it is NOT my setup or any peripheral gear i am using.  I am ready to take the TV back to Costco.  Any suggestions?  Samsung people?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ken-engineer, If you have attempted all the troubleshooting steps listed in the thread, service would be the next option. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Goalasso
Cosmic Ray

I ended up sending emails to ceo office. Got a response the next day. Long story short - they authorized a return to BestBuy. BestBuy gave me store credit. Got an LG OLE c8 65”. Couldnt happier. I have two other Samsung TVs , so I was disappointed , but the LG is stunning
Enqueue
Constellation

Apparently (Worked for me so far) if you plug your cable box HDMI cable into the ARC port on the one connect box the dropouts cease.

I have not tried turning my Dolby on just yet, like everyone else I put the tv and my cable box on PCM to reduce the problem.. I’m just happy to be watching Tv without the sound dropping every few minutes (Like it has for the last 10 months).

This ARC port might be a -UHD off- port, I cannot say for sure.. however my cable box is HD and not UHD, the picture looks the same.

The tv will force you to endure the brain numbing process of setting up the box again, in my case it fails because sunset digital is not a choice it likes and you have to jump through multiple hoops to finaly fix that issue and manually set it up.

Things that would be nice:

Why must it “find” my USB drive every few hours and ask if I want to browse it?

Why can’t it remember that I want subtitles off on movies I watch on USB?

Once it has been setup why can’t it remember my prior cable provider and box model?

Why can’t it identify my Fire TV and why isn’t that in the choices?

usersOtTfFYkhT
Constellation

Seems I have the same issue with my 82" Samsung Qled.  I will need a new TV

Enqueue
Constellation

It’s pretty sad that you buy a premium TV only to find it is so fundamentally flawed and yet the manufacturer will not address the issue in any meaningful way.

I spent time and money on new certified premium UHD rated High speed HDMI cables and Cat 7 network cables only to find that it made no difference.

Changing to the ARC port almost completely fixed the issue but I believe the one connect is the root problem, it likely does not have the memory or processing power that is required to do the job or it’s software is bogus, and it just fails. We all seem to be SOL on this as they don’t seem to care.

I should have gotten a Sony, perhaps a class action suit would get some attention.

My Qled tv is:

Model #QN55Q75FM

<EDIT>

Purchased May 18 2018 with audio dropouts from day one.