Original topic:

QN75 problems with Fios cable box with hdmi

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 07:58 PM)
userCoiztWRwGI
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Strange situation where I have my tv, cable box and sound bar come on together and almost every morning it works but in the evening the tv won’t pick up cable box and I have to go through hdmi connection guide and it always then works. Here is setup with QN 75, Fios set top box, Samsung sound bar and yamaha TSR 5830 receiver.  

setup - tv 

optical to soundbar

hdmi 2 to firestick 

hdmi 3 / arc to receiver out

set up receiver 

DVD to hdmi 1

cable box to hdmi 2

tv / hdmi 3/ arc to hdmi out 

why would i have no problems almost every morning and problems almost every evening ? Everything else works fine when I turn receiver on or using apps 

any suggestions anyone has would be great

3 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

I totally get how frustrating that this could possibly be.  By any chance are there any timers set up on your set top box?  Could you provide the full model of the television?  Which firmware version is running on the television currently?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userCoiztWRwGI
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Model is QN75Q80TAF

no timer on cable box as that is off

software version is 1462

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

There was actually a firmware update released today.  Please give that a try and let us know if it's still giving you trouble:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0053841

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes