JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN75Q60 Won't Turn On

(Topic created: 05-29-2021 10:59 AM)
JasonTM13
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi. This is my second visit to the Samsung Community for a very similar problem.

My problem before was very similar to this one: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Samsung-LED-Smart-TV-keeps-turning-off-and-o...

And my problem now is the same... only with the replacement TV that I got after having the first problem.

I have a Samsung QN75Q60 that will not power on. It won't power on with the remote... it won't power on by pressing the power button (the only button) on the bottom/center of the TV. I have tried replacing remote control batteries, I have tried holding on the power button (both TV and remote) for over 15 seconds to no avail. I have tried different power outlets and bypassed power strips. I have left the TV unplugged overnight and tried again the next morning. (This problem started Tuesday 05/25, so I have had ample time to try different things.) I have also replaced the power cable in an attempt to solve the issue.

Does anybody have any other ideas or things to try to try to get the TV to power on?

Thanks in advance.

--Jason

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, have you tried the following?

1. Without using the remote, press any button on your TV except Power.

If anything appears on screen when you interact with the controls, this confirms your TV is on. You can continue troubleshooting in our guide for TV has no picture or a black screen.

If the TV's controls cause anything to appear on the screen but the remote doesn't, then make sure to also troubleshoot your remote.

2. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds, and then plug it into a working outlet.

The next thing we want to rule out is a power issue. Leave the TV unplugged for 30 seconds, and when plugging it back in, plug it directly into an outlet you know works (you can test the outlet with another device, like a lamp).

If the red standby light comes on (and doesn't flash or blink), your TV is receiving power and will probably turn on now. This means there is an issue with the original outlet, or the surge protector if you were using one. If it still doesn't turn on even though the red standby light is now on, continue troubleshooting in the section for TV won't turn on, and red standby light is on.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
JasonTM13
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi SamsungCaleb. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Of those steps, the only thing I haven't done is "press any other button other than power" and that's because there are no other buttons on the TV other than power. have performed the other troubleshooting steps you suggested. 

I will likely get a non-Samsung TV at this time since this is the second one consecutively to fail rather quickly. Having to spend $x,xxx per year for TVs is just too pricey for me. 

I'll hang on to this one for now. If I get some spare time and money I'll see if I can get it logged at. 

-Jason

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I understand please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes