Original topic:

QN75Q6FNA

(Topic created on: 3/25/20 10:27 AM)
CZJerry421
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm just out of warranty and now have a green brown band running from the bottom to near the top of 75" screen.  I added a picture.  I have updated SW and reset the TV with no change to the discoloration.  Almost looks like someone held a lighter at the bottom and it discolored the display.  Just TV watching no games played on unit.

Anyone know what this could be, thanks for the input.20200324_213642.jpg20200324_213701.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

We apologize for your experience. Please send the full model code and serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sean0910
Product Expert
Options
Qled and Frame

Dear CZJerry421

Hope you are doing well.

I’m sorry to hear your having a problem with your Television

That is a burn in what you’re seeing on your television. Even thou your Television warranty expired, Samsung has a very specific rule when it come to burn in on an QLED. Please make sure that your television is a QLED. Please call 1-800-SAMSUNG and explain your situation to them stating that you have a burn in on your QLED and SAMSUNG will deemed the warranty and send a person out to service your television for you.

Hope that was able to help and have a good day.

0 Likes
CZJerry421
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

thank you for the quick response - I talked to a customer service person and they said the 1yr was it.  I asked about the display being covered longer and they said no but I am guessing they didnt understand.  It is a QLED - UHD tv at least thats what the model number said when I looked it up.  Again, thanks for the fast response.

0 Likes
CZJerry421
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I spoke to a Pro Advisor and he said while they do have a warranty for burn in it is impossible for a qled to burn.  not sure if that's true but I have to pay for a service call to find out if the panel is bad and basically that's a new TV because of price. any other thoughts on what has failed?  there is no movement or change to defect at all. I saw one other post on a hardware forum but they had no answe . $2300 and 4 months out of warranty sure hurts. thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

We apologize for your experience. Please send the full model code and serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes