cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJP318
Constellation

QN75Q9FN - multiple issues, please help

I bought my TV in April of 2018. When I first got it, everything worked great.
Since about Novemeber, things keeps getting worse and I cannot figure out how to solve them.

- audio (ATMOS or DD+) cutouts while watching 4K apps through the TV

- 4K devices are not working correctly anymore for movies or apps through the device

My equipment is I have a QN75Q9FN TV connected to a Yamaha A1070 receiver. I have an Xbox One X connected to the receiver to the TV. The reason I connected it that way, is because the TV does not let me pass DD+ or ATMOS  from the Xbox One X through the TV to the receiver, even though I swear that was something they advertised.

- The first major issue I noticed was while watching VUDU. I have used this app since day 1 and have had zero issues. I never changed anything in my setup at all. Then all of the sudden, every time I watch any movie in UHD, the audio will cut out randomly for a few seconds. If the format is just HD, there is no audio issue, only UHD causes it.

At first I thought it was my reciever, but I swapped it out for a brand new Denon X4500h, and it had the exact same issue, so the receiver is not the issue. I tried different HDMI  cables, but nothing changed.

Do we have any other apps on the TV that support those audio formats so I can try them out?

- that issue brought me to my next issue. When I first got the TV, I watched several 4K blurays through my Xbox to my receiver to my TV with no issues. While trying to problem solve the first issue, I tried to watch a 4k bluray movie through my xbox. That will not work at all now. The TV cuts to black and then shows a spiral loading symbol on the TV, but never loads. At this point, I cannot even  back out to get to the main screen. I am forced to reset my Xbox One X.

My next idea was to watch VUDU through my Xbox One X, but it would do the very same thing as if I was trying to watch a 4K Bluray.
Both of these issues happened when I connected up the Denon receiver as well.

One thing that does work, is if I connect the Xbox straight to the TV. However, then I loose the ability to use DD+ or ATMOS anymore because the TV will not pass the audio through (which I swear was advertised)

I have connacted samsung about my first issue, which they told they have not heard of this issue, and it was not their problem and to contact VUDU. Which I contacted VUDU and they seemed concerned, but othing has come of it.

Does anyone have any advice out there for me? I would very much appreciate.    I spent way too much money on things that are not working like they did, (like they should).

5 REPLIES 5
DJP318
Constellation

Re: QN75Q9FN - multiple issues, please help

also, the TV's firmware is up to date. I have that set to auto.

Pretty sure it updated just a few days ago too

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your serial number to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

technologys77
Constellation

What recommend to do is Disable Auto update now there is update 1202 that was December 2018 , there are a lot of problems with update 1208 a lot complaints from manny owners ,have you try to reset the tv .
I gladly want to help you I wiil look online if I found a solution for your problem then I reply to you..

technologys77
userGFb5HztUZo
Astronaut

I got the same problem with my xbox one x, i get black screen whenever i start it up and i cant do anything.... Smiley Sad I tried replacing my xbox one x for a normal xbox one, but still the same problem... 

DJP318
Constellation

do you have any idea what is causing that xbox issue?

I tried swapping in my xbox one s, and the same thing happens as well