Original topic:

QN90A 55": anti-glare brings in streaks of reflection across the screen

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 02:45 PM)
userzBkdlXcGwy
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

The reason I spent $600 more to upgrade from Q70A to QN90A is I have a bright room with annoying reflection, expecting the anti-glare feature will fix the issue. However, this higher model makes the situation worse. There is a bit sunlight at the corner of the room, which is not any close within the angle of reflection, that is, if the TV was a mirror, I wouldn't be able to see the sunlight spot at all, it's way off on the side, however, Q90A's anti-glare picks it up from that remote bright spot and produces a few glowing streaks across the entire width of the screen. seems to me you have the wrong design/pattern for the optical grating on the screen, how can this be fixed?

Same thing during the night, the anti-glare picks up the florescent light from a remote angle way off the reflection range and magnifies it ACROSS the screen! seems unbelievable Samsung product managers and engineers did not perform basic reflection tests to cover simple scenarios, now customers become your beta testers. This is not a cheap TV.

The Samsung LN-T4669F with matte finish I purchased 10+ yrs ago does not have this issue. Technology here has gone backwards after a decade.

You can see how had it is from here (https://snipboard.io/I27GaX.jpg😞

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Qled and Frame

My new 2021 QN90A is doing the exact same thing.A1BE2BD0-7BCC-43E5-AF1B-628CED987CA1.jpeg

0 Likes
userzBkdlXcGwy
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm keeping the product for the moment, I hope Samsung can issue a recall for those who have the bright room situation when the next generation of QN90A comes out with this problem solved. For my old LN-T4669F, Samsung did send over a technician to my home to replace 2 capacitors due to a design flaw of the power supply, I hope this decent service convention can continue. Again, this isn't a cheap TV and we deserve this.

0 Likes