JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90A local dimming issue

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 11:34 PM)
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 75 inch QN90A and I am having issues with Local dimming setting with SDR content. When I turn the tv on each day, or a few hours later, when set to high or standard, flipping between low, standard or high all look the same. The image is dim as if LD is stuck in low position. The only way I can fix it is to turn tv off, and then depress and hold power button on tv until the NEO QLED logo appears and the tv starts up. The Local dimming works correctly, with standard making the image brighter than low and high brighter than standard. This is getting really annoying. I have done a full reset and the issue still persists until I start the tv up depressing the power button on the tv, instead of the remote.  

15 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can you provide pictures of the symptoms you're experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I not sure a picture will show it. The issue is flipping between Low, Standard and high shows no visible different. The screen doesnt get brighter when going from low to standard to high. It's as if it's stuck in low. All energy settings are off. The only way to fix it is to turn tv off, then depress and hold power button on the tv until the NEOQLED logo appears and then the tv starts up. Then selecting a picture mode such as standard or movie, and going from low to standard to high makes the tv brighter. It must be a bug. 

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused! Does the local dimming show on all sources including the picture test? Also, does the unit have the current software? If the unit still experiences these symptoms please, feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number. Would love to get more information regarding your issue.  PM Link.

cev214
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have the same problem with my recently purchased 75in qn90a, there seems to be an issue where the local dimming feature somehow gets stuck on low,
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sorry to hear that 2 months after I reported the problem, it still has not been fixed. My advice, return it like I did until Samsung addresses the issue. 

cev214
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yes I will,this is really disappointing because the tv is fantastic. Quick question do you know if best buy will come pick it up? I payed geek squad for home delivery and installation since the tv won't fit in my vehicle
0 Likes
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes. That's what they did for me. If they deliver it, they will pick it up. 

cev214
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Awesome thanks so much for the info,man I really love this tv BTW it easily beats my c9 and x950h but  how can samsung screw up the most important feature of the tv !..my only other option now is a 77 a80j

0 Likes
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I liked it too. But I wasn't going to wait beyond my return window to see if it would get fixed. Looks like I made the right decision. I went with the 65A90J.