JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90A local dimming issue

(Topic created: 06-14-2021 12:01 AM)
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 75 inch QN90A and I am having issues with Local dimming setting with SDR content. When I turn the tv on each day, or a few hours later, when set to high or standard, flipping between low, standard or high all look the same. The image is dim as if LD is stuck in low position. The only way I can fix it is to turn tv off, and then depress and hold power button on tv until the NEO QLED logo appears and the tv starts up. The Local dimming works correctly, with standard making the image brighter than low and high brighter than standard. This is getting really annoying. I have done a full reset and the issue still persists until I start the tv up depressing the power button on the tv, instead of the remote.  

15 Replies
cev214
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Nice how do u like the a90j compared to the qn90a
0 Likes
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We will probably get booted out of here for talking about the Sony, but I am impressed with it. You will be impressed with the A80J. Of course neither  can match the light cannon Samsung, but you quickly adapt, and for watching movie, streaming, the Sony's with their perfect blacks make the picture pop.  

cev214
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Awesome, just one more question, when best buy picks up the tv,when do you get the full refund?
0 Likes
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I went to the store to set up the return. That's when I did the swap for the A90J. So there was no refund for me. So when they picked up my tv, they brought the Sony and set it up. So i don't know how long it takes to get a refund. 

cev214
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
So you just went and payed off the difference for the a90j correct? Sorry this is my first time doing this process
wxman2003
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Correct. So for me, i had to shell out another $400. If you have an extended warranty you might have to pay a few dollars more if the tv you buy costs more. It was an additional $20 for me. They don't charge you a delivery and set up fee with the exchange as you have already paid for that. Make sure you point that out to them. They had to get the manager over to figure out what code to use for the exchange with set up and delivery.