Original topic:

“RF remote setup” keeps coming back

(Topic created on: 4/8/21 2:31 PM)
userWfbqMrBhPh
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have an Xfinity cable box.  Nearly every time I turn on the TV I get a pop up that says "Xfinity supports RF remote..." with setup and skip buttons. No matter what I choose it will come back again the next time. I have setup the remote 50 times but nothing will keep it from coming back. This is a 2020 frame TV. 

11 Replies
user0PzDXukaeS
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Same problem here. 

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

Does this occur when the cable box is not connected? If not the message recieved would be coming directly from the cable box itself. To prevent this message from coming up further, you'd need to reach out to Xfinity for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPIXeTPRD7J
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Also having the same issue. It doesn’t happen if I turn on tv, only when changing input to Comcast box. It is not the cable box, it’s the tv. it’s a Samsung notification on the top right and you have to use Samsung tv remote to exit. I even set it up and keeps coming up. Very frustrating, anyone been able to resolve this?

userLm9Zb1z9Kd
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Same problem. RF remote pairing with Comcast Xfinity cable box will not hold and RF remote setup dialog box keeps popping up when switching back to Xfinity source. Please help!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Just for clarification, you're using the Samsung remote and not the Xfinity remote, correct?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userLm9Zb1z9Kd
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes with the Samsung oneremote. The RF setup dialog box keeps popping up when switching back to comcast xfinity input even after setup completes.

0 Likes
userNbLl10W1oR
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes. This is the Samsung Remote. Just about everyday a message pops up prompting me to set up Comcast with RF. I go through the pairing process and all is well for the next 24 hours. But by the next morning the RF no longer works and it will eventually send that message again if I want to set up RF.

0 Likes
userNbLl10W1oR
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I’m having the exact same issue. I figured it was because the xfinity box reboots every night be design? Every morning when I wake up I’ve got to set up the Samsung remote for RF again. It’s happening everyday. The RF simply will not hold. Anyone come up with a solution? I’m thinking about switching out my box for a new one.

userzmG2Agqzof
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

anyone find a solution to this problem?

0 Likes