JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

(Topic created: 05-25-2020 05:43 PM)
user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung Ms-650 soundbar connected to a Samsung QF6 QLED via the ARC HDMI Ports. I set the sound on the QF6 to use the soundbar but if I pause a show (from one of the built-in apps like Netflix or Vudu) for a minute or so, when I restart playback it will revert to the tv speakers. I’ve tried unplugging both units for 5 minutes but this hasn’t solved my issue. Also, I’ve checked and both units don’t seem to have any updates available (although I’m not totally sure how to check or update the firmware on the MS650). Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks. 
userWMDND2CXu8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same issue with the same model tv but with the only 7.1 surround it keeps reverting back to the tv speakers

0 Likes
usermo8yaxGDTr
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same with Optical. I fix it by reattaching the soundbar, unpair and re-pair in the TV. Yeah bluetooth. Optical, you do the same or power reset the soundbar

CCArms
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Not sure if you have solved your issue but was experienceing the same thing when setting up my new Q70 TV and Samsung Soundbar 850. 

I seemed to fix the issue by doing the following:

1. Hold down the "Gear/Settings" button on the Soundbar remote.
    • Keep holding it down until you see the soundbar flash "INT" on the display.

2. Once you see the INT release the button and the soundbar should power down and say "BYE." 

3. Power back on the soundbar pressing the Power button.
    • Let the soundbar go thought its startup process. You should seee "D.IN" displayed at first then "TV ARC" then HDMI1 or HDMI2. (whatever is plugged into the soundbar.)
    • In my case AppleTV was plugged into HDMI1 so I saw HDMI1 displayed. 
      Also I note that "Dolby Atmos" was enabled and displayed on my TV during this power up.

4. The TV settings should now be set to Samsung Soundbar 850 or ... whatever soundbar you have. 

I hope this helps as it fixed my problem but everyone's setup varies so it may not fix yours.

userxVYrcskr4t
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Pressing the gear button for several seconds will also reset all of your customized settings for the soundbar except for the Sound Mode (controlled by its own button) so the reset option actually is less practical than totally powering off the soundbar at the power source for a minute or so in order to bleed the capacitor.

userNGiqmMkgwn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a UN65MU6500F TV (SW vers 1280) and an HW-K950 soundbar connected via HDMI-ARC and the TV always reverts back to the TV speakers, especialy after a short period of inactivity, eg I pause a show for >2 minutes.  The workaround is to unplug the TV for 20-30 seconds to restore the soundbar connection.  

So irritating, I wish they had a fix for this.

0 Likes
usernlKvITJBW5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the Q60r soundbar connected to the Q60. Same problem here. Purchased both in Dec 2019. Same problem here to. Samsung has not fixed this through firmware. They say I have the latest update.  The soundbar reverts to TV speakers. Very annoying as sometimes both TVspeakers and soundbar come (echos)  easy fix for me but wife has difficult time fixing it. Anyway  I'm trying Hard reset. Turn off soundbar. Then press Play/pause button for about 5-10 seconds. The INIT will appear on soundbar in the display. I hope this works but not confident. 

usernlKvITJBW5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@usernlKvITJBW5 wrote:

I have the Q60r soundbar connected to the Q60. Same problem here. Purchased both in Dec 2019. Same problem here to. Samsung has not fixed this through firmware. They say I have the latest update.  The soundbar reverts to TV speakers. Very annoying as sometimes both TVspeakers and soundbar come (echos)  easy fix for me but wife has difficult time fixing it. Anyway  I'm trying Hard reset. Turn off soundbar. Then press Play/pause button for about 5-10 seconds. The INIT will appear on soundbar in the display. I hope this works but not confident. 

OK. Update. 4 days later and turned the TV Q70 on and both the TV speakers and Q60R soundbar were on creating echo. So hard reset didnt work. Power link is on. Samsung assures me I have the latest software. Sooo, I dont know what else to do. Guess I'll have to live with it but considering I purchased both TV and soundbar from Samsung I was hoping for standarization in a crazy tech world. Very disappointed.

userYwD3cpRBwD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have this same problem with a Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar.   How can the same company not have a system that works together.  I bought as a package.  

userKu4yc3q2D9
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I think it is fair to say at this point that Samsung simply doesn't care or they would have fixed this annoying issue by now.  This is my second Samsung TV and I had a host of problems with the first one.  I thought maybe the first one was a lemon so I bought another.  The second one does the same thing that everyone has complained about - it will randomly revert to the internal speakers for no discernable reason.  

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  My fault for giving them my money for a second TV.  NEVER AGAIN!

Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I will be willing to bet that their newest TVs do not have this problem. Did the problem start right about the time you recieved your last update? Are updates being pushed that break your TV so you will buy a new one?... This sounds like it should be illegal. 

@userYwD3cpRBwD wrote:

I have this same problem with a Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar.   How can the same company not have a system that works together.  I bought as a package.  

0 Likes