JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

(Topic created: 08-23-2020 01:36 PM)
user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung Ms-650 soundbar connected to a Samsung QF6 QLED via the ARC HDMI Ports. I set the sound on the QF6 to use the soundbar but if I pause a show (from one of the built-in apps like Netflix or Vudu) for a minute or so, when I restart playback it will revert to the tv speakers. I’ve tried unplugging both units for 5 minutes but this hasn’t solved my issue. Also, I’ve checked and both units don’t seem to have any updates available (although I’m not totally sure how to check or update the firmware on the MS650). Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks. 
64 Replies
userxVYrcskr4t
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the new (2020) model Samsung Q90T 65" and a brand new HW-Q80R soundbar. This is an issue with that pairing as well.

0 Likes
user5FEqbWismI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a new (2020) Q90T and it does it with a Pioneer VST-521-K receiver connected via optical.  Problem is not limited to Samsung soundbars.

userbUdou4oTqA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I had the same issue and found a fix! Not sure if you still need help, but here it is. posted on youtube. 

Graham Donoghue5 months ago
Try this worked for me on my samsung soundbar. Turn soundbar off then press and hold play/pause button on remote until soundbar display shows init ok. Your soundbar should now be reset. Now go through normal bluetooth set up on your tv and when you turn your tv off then on again it should auto connect to bluetooth soundbar. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
userxVYrcskr4t
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Sorry, but it's not a true solution to have to reset your customized settings each time that this issue rears its head. The issue shouldn't arise in the first place. And as for Samsung's repeated responses indicating that a resolution to this issue is considered to be a "feature request", well shame on them for that. We're not asking for bonus settings on the device. We're looking for a resolution to broken functionality.

usernm1XB4nQbp
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I tried this, but pressing the play/pause button does nothing. But turning the soundbar off and pessing the gear button until it shows init works... forc a while.

0 Likes
uservIymD3DXSU
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with my QN65Q70R TV and HW-MS650 soundbar using an optical connection. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, and the firmware is up to date. Obviously, there is a Samsung problem.

Fishrman
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here. Got my new Samsung in December of 2019 with my Samsung soundbar and having the exact same issues as described. So frustrating!

0 Likes
userxm4pp92w6O
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi I had the same problem so I registered to tell you how I fixed it.

I realised the sound bar dropped connection from the Samsung Tv after 10 seconds of turning the tv on. They sound bar stayed on though. I notice this happens when there is a power cut.

What I did was unplug and plug my tv and sound bar from the mains. Now the connection is stable until there is another power cut.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
usernm1XB4nQbp
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As a former software developer, I can assure you this is a bug report not a feature request.

0 Likes
userKY4QueRLyp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here.  I have a Samsung KS8000 with a HW-K650 soundbar connected via digital optical.  Every time I turn on the television, I get an echo because the tv defaults to the tv speakers (and the soundbar comes on too).  Both devices have current updates.