cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We understand, this has been escalated as a Feature Request. Please understand this is only a request and the mods cannot guarantee this feature will be added. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suppose this is a Bug and not a feature and needs to be fixed. Even after multiple updates received, the bug still exists. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I have the same issue.

Q80R TV to a N850 soundbar.

I can set it to optical out/arc on TV to soundbar, but at some point, it will just switch to TV speakers and get echo sound.

I had a KS7000, I just set that to external speakers and it was set, not once did it change.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got my ru8000 and this is extremely annoying with my Samsung sound bar.  Have to go in and change the source each time.  From what I'm reading there is no fix to this?? Using the optical connection. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem is increadibly annoying.   Has this been fixed?  If so... how does one apply the fix?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all, FIXED the problem for meant least. I have a 75' Q7F and running a amp with home cinema. All of a sudden overnight TV kept resorting to tv speakers. First of all I blamed my Wife as you do! Nope Samsung definitely has a bug. Ok, I tried everything! What worked for me was disconnecting the power from the smart up! Powered back up, turned it off and back on the external speakers as it should be. Hope this helps everyone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I find it unacceptable this has not been fixed.  I'm considering a living room TV upgrade and will be shopping for another brand for the first time in 8 years.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. This is a bandaid at best. The problem still persists despite unplugging and re-plugging several times. Can you please provide us with an update win this will be fixed. It has been over a year and you (Samsung) is well aware of this problem. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. This is a bandaid at best. The problem still persists despite unplugging and re-plugging several times. Can you please prov

@SamsungCole wrote:

We understand, this has been escalated as a Feature Request. Please understand this is only a request and the mods cannot guarantee this feature will be added. 

ide us with an update win this will be fixed. It has been over a year and you (Samsung) is well aware of this problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole wrote:

Feature request? To make a TV work as it should. I had this problem with Sony, Vizio, and Samsung sound bars and a SAMSUNG tv. The solution is extremele simple. I bought an LG tv.  Not only do all sound bars work, the tv doen't keep resetting itself, which is another ages old SAMSUNG issue