cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Q60r soundbar connected to the Q60. Same problem here. Purchased both in Dec 2019. Same problem here to. Samsung has not fixed this through firmware. They say I have the latest update.  The soundbar reverts to TV speakers. Very annoying as sometimes both TVspeakers and soundbar come (echos)  easy fix for me but wife has difficult time fixing it. Anyway  I'm trying Hard reset. Turn off soundbar. Then press Play/pause button for about 5-10 seconds. The INIT will appear on soundbar in the display. I hope this works but not confident. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernlKvITJBW5 wrote:

I have the Q60r soundbar connected to the Q60. Same problem here. Purchased both in Dec 2019. Same problem here to. Samsung has not fixed this through firmware. They say I have the latest update.  The soundbar reverts to TV speakers. Very annoying as sometimes both TVspeakers and soundbar come (echos)  easy fix for me but wife has difficult time fixing it. Anyway  I'm trying Hard reset. Turn off soundbar. Then press Play/pause button for about 5-10 seconds. The INIT will appear on soundbar in the display. I hope this works but not confident. 

OK. Update. 4 days later and turned the TV Q70 on and both the TV speakers and Q60R soundbar were on creating echo. So hard reset didnt work. Power link is on. Samsung assures me I have the latest software. Sooo, I dont know what else to do. Guess I'll have to live with it but considering I purchased both TV and soundbar from Samsung I was hoping for standarization in a crazy tech world. Very disappointed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same problem with a Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar.   How can the same company not have a system that works together.  I bought as a package.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it is fair to say at this point that Samsung simply doesn't care or they would have fixed this annoying issue by now.  This is my second Samsung TV and I had a host of problems with the first one.  I thought maybe the first one was a lemon so I bought another.  The second one does the same thing that everyone has complained about - it will randomly revert to the internal speakers for no discernable reason.  

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  My fault for giving them my money for a second TV.  NEVER AGAIN!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will be willing to bet that their newest TVs do not have this problem. Did the problem start right about the time you recieved your last update? Are updates being pushed that break your TV so you will buy a new one?... This sounds like it should be illegal. 

@userYwD3cpRBwD wrote:

I have this same problem with a Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar.   How can the same company not have a system that works together.  I bought as a package.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the new (2020) model Samsung Q90T 65" and a brand new HW-Q80R soundbar. This is an issue with that pairing as well.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new (2020) Q90T and it does it with a Pioneer VST-521-K receiver connected via optical.  Problem is not limited to Samsung soundbars.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and found a fix! Not sure if you still need help, but here it is. posted on youtube. 

Graham Donoghue5 months ago
Try this worked for me on my samsung soundbar. Turn soundbar off then press and hold play/pause button on remote until soundbar display shows init ok. Your soundbar should now be reset. Now go through normal bluetooth set up on your tv and when you turn your tv off then on again it should auto connect to bluetooth soundbar. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, but it's not a true solution to have to reset your customized settings each time that this issue rears its head. The issue shouldn't arise in the first place. And as for Samsung's repeated responses indicating that a resolution to this issue is considered to be a "feature request", well shame on them for that. We're not asking for bonus settings on the device. We're looking for a resolution to broken functionality.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this, but pressing the play/pause button does nothing. But turning the soundbar off and pessing the gear button until it shows init works... forc a while.