cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and found a fix! Not sure if you still need help, but here it is. posted on youtube. 

Graham Donoghue5 months ago
Try this worked for me on my samsung soundbar. Turn soundbar off then press and hold play/pause button on remote until soundbar display shows init ok. Your soundbar should now be reset. Now go through normal bluetooth set up on your tv and when you turn your tv off then on again it should auto connect to bluetooth soundbar. Hope this helps.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, but it's not a true solution to have to reset your customized settings each time that this issue rears its head. The issue shouldn't arise in the first place. And as for Samsung's repeated responses indicating that a resolution to this issue is considered to be a "feature request", well shame on them for that. We're not asking for bonus settings on the device. We're looking for a resolution to broken functionality.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this, but pressing the play/pause button does nothing. But turning the soundbar off and pessing the gear button until it shows init works... forc a while.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my QN65Q70R TV and HW-MS650 soundbar using an optical connection. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, and the firmware is up to date. Obviously, there is a Samsung problem.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Got my new Samsung in December of 2019 with my Samsung soundbar and having the exact same issues as described. So frustrating!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I had the same problem so I registered to tell you how I fixed it.

I realised the sound bar dropped connection from the Samsung Tv after 10 seconds of turning the tv on. They sound bar stayed on though. I notice this happens when there is a power cut.

What I did was unplug and plug my tv and sound bar from the mains. Now the connection is stable until there is another power cut.

Hope it helps.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a former software developer, I can assure you this is a bug report not a feature request.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here.  I have a Samsung KS8000 with a HW-K650 soundbar connected via digital optical.  Every time I turn on the television, I get an echo because the tv defaults to the tv speakers (and the soundbar comes on too).  Both devices have current updates.  

Astronaut

Re: Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Bug Report: Samsung TV inadvertently changes audio settings by switching to TV Speaker output, without end user interaction. Audio settings do not persist when set by end user.

Feature request: Allow users to explicitly turn off TV Speakers, beyond just setting output to optical or Bluetooth. I want TV Speakers off, even when other Audio Output devices are not detected.

I dont want them on unless I force them to be on. I am very tempted to open the TV and physically disconnect the speakers.

I have the same problem described above and it has become insufferable. I made the mistake of thinking that purchasing a Samsung soundbar would resolve the issue. Without a fix, this will be the last Samsung device I ever purchase, as Vizio has this capability and it never reverts back to the speakers being on.

Is there an SDK where I can update the software/firmware for the TV myself?
Constellation

Re: Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to come in so I can get updated with the solution because I've been dealing with this since I bought my TV and sound bar. I finally did a search on this problem because I was fed up and it looks like this is a problem with other people too. I can't believe Samsung hasn't fixed this yet.