JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

(Topic created: 03-03-2019 12:13 PM)
user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung Ms-650 soundbar connected to a Samsung QF6 QLED via the ARC HDMI Ports. I set the sound on the QF6 to use the soundbar but if I pause a show (from one of the built-in apps like Netflix or Vudu) for a minute or so, when I restart playback it will revert to the tv speakers. I’ve tried unplugging both units for 5 minutes but this hasn’t solved my issue. Also, I’ve checked and both units don’t seem to have any updates available (although I’m not totally sure how to check or update the firmware on the MS650). Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
64 Replies
AyatoKahmina
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Bug Report: Samsung TV inadvertently changes audio settings by switching to TV Speaker output, without end user interaction. Audio settings do not persist when set by end user.

Feature request: Allow users to explicitly turn off TV Speakers, beyond just setting output to optical or Bluetooth. I want TV Speakers off, even when other Audio Output devices are not detected.

I dont want them on unless I force them to be on. I am very tempted to open the TV and physically disconnect the speakers.

I have the same problem described above and it has become insufferable. I made the mistake of thinking that purchasing a Samsung soundbar would resolve the issue. Without a fix, this will be the last Samsung device I ever purchase, as Vizio has this capability and it never reverts back to the speakers being on.

Is there an SDK where I can update the software/firmware for the TV myself?
userTeuq8ydiZF
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just wanted to come in so I can get updated with the solution because I've been dealing with this since I bought my TV and sound bar. I finally did a search on this problem because I was fed up and it looks like this is a problem with other people too. I can't believe Samsung hasn't fixed this yet.  

userkZE4kgj9oT
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same thing is happening with mine. I got the Samsung Soundbar only because I thought it would integrate easily. Now I'm thinking of returning the bar and selling my TV. I was going to get 2 more TVs as gifts for Christmas but I'm looking at Vizio now because I never had this issue with them. 

I have noticed it seems like a timeout issue. If I pause the tv or mute for a few minutes that's when it switches. Almost like the sound bar looses signal. I had a Denon AV receiver hooked up via optical on this tv for 2 years and never had this issue. Only when I added the Soundbar. 

0 Likes
userJXgN4PIbAo
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hey I just got the Q80R and have it paired to my Sony A8H via EARC. I have the same issue where after 1-3 minutes after earc is enabled the soundbar will switch to the TV speakers. When it does it the display on the soundbar says not available but not sure what it is referring to. Will update if I find any way to fix.

0 Likes
john329
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung TV and Soundbar are 5 years old. I am trying to use the multiroom app to connect my Soundbar and two rear R1 speakers. This problem just started for me a few weeks ago.  My system would occassionally drop out in the past but nothing like recently. Now, I cannot keep it connected. It constantly drops the array and reverts to the TV internal speakers. I have tried restoring everything to factory, at least the TV. Not sure I did the sound bar (all I did to the soundbar is unplug and replug). By the way, the TV drops the soundbar even when I am not using the multiroom app, but just the bluetooth Soundconnect for the soundbar only.

This is very frustrating.

0 Likes
usermHuebHeiA9
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I fixed this issue for myself.

I had the exact same issue but with a Pioneer amp connected both by HDMI (arc) and Optical. It kept reverting from Optical to TV speaker on its own just like you explain.

What I did was to switch my amp from the HDMI input to, in my case, "TV input" (now registers as HDMI output on the TV instead of "Optical/Audio output" like before) and the issue went away ... For now at least.

0 Likes
userZmXxFluX2r
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Whether an external soundbar or audio receiver is to be used, the "revert to TV Speaker" scenario is something that happens all the time and is a massive problem for Samsung. I can't for the life of me understand why Samsung cannot enable a software fix to either return back to the days of "disabling" internal speaker or at least remember last setting and "always" turn on the TV with these last settings used. This is of course some kind of "handshake issue" between AnyNet, HDMI, ARC, eARC etc. but too much technology some times ruin the user experience. 

0 Likes
userYwD3cpRBwD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is crazy that it isn't fixed.   Can't even blame another manufacturer because it is a Samsung TV and a Samsung sound bar!!!  Come on Samsung get this fixed.  It's as simple as letting me turn the tv speaker off and letting it stay off.   

useryMFMwQsNL8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Why is this thread labelled solved, when the problem persists and no solution is available. Extremely disappointing.

LIKEITIS
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
I'm trading in my Samsung for a Sony. This and other little problems have turned me off the broad. For the $2.5k I paid for the tv - they should have solved it