JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

(Topic created: 03-03-2019 12:13 PM)
user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung Ms-650 soundbar connected to a Samsung QF6 QLED via the ARC HDMI Ports. I set the sound on the QF6 to use the soundbar but if I pause a show (from one of the built-in apps like Netflix or Vudu) for a minute or so, when I restart playback it will revert to the tv speakers. I’ve tried unplugging both units for 5 minutes but this hasn’t solved my issue. Also, I’ve checked and both units don’t seem to have any updates available (although I’m not totally sure how to check or update the firmware on the MS650). Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
64 Replies
KrAuSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Good luck all,

I had the Q80R soundbar and this same issue happened to me ALL the time. I eventually returned it for a replacement and it exhibited the exact same behavior. 

I had a samsung tech come to my house to fix the issue and even he couldn't figure it out. He suggested I exchange the replacement unit for a second replacement unit. 

Their soundbars sound great but man oh man do they have a bevy of technical issues. 

Issue was never resolved and I switched to SONOS. 

userM1zOopbHlk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I bought a Q80t tv and I am using an old Sony soundbar, sbubwoofer for audio with the Arc connection.  TV keeps reverting back to TV speakers. My two samsung plasmas, and one older LED do not have this problem.  My best solution for now is to turn on the TV first, and then turn on the soundbar.  If I do that, then the TV uses the soundbar.  If I program my cable remote to turn both on at the sane time, then it defaults to the TV speakers.  I also turned down the volume on the TV speakers to 0, just in case the TV and soundbar were both activated, in order to avoid the echo effect of having both on at the same time.

So far this has worked.  Its just one extra step to take when turning on the set.  Its easier than having to go into settings and changing the speaker selection.

However, I think this is something Samsung should fix.  Its a bug.

user2WQ8oC2UkY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a new 85" Q90T with a Dennon 4K Receiver Using ARC and I have the same problem. 

Unit will boot using the receiver but if you use the home button or start an APP ( when they don't fail) it will revert to the TV speakers. Only way to go back the the reciever is to reboot the TV. 

There needs to be an option to turn off the Internal speakers and force an arc connection. ( or remember) . Hands down this is the worst TV I have ever owned . and they call it a Flagship....

userxHwhM3ba2M
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just installed a sound bar on each of my Samsungs (different models and years).  Both TVs though randomly revert to TV speakers about half the time instead of using the ARC HDMI connection.  Came here to see if I was alone.  It seems I am not.   Very infuriating

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes