JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: TV REVERTS TO TV SPEAKERS WITH SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR CONNECTED

(Topic created: 03-03-2019 12:13 PM)
user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung Ms-650 soundbar connected to a Samsung QF6 QLED via the ARC HDMI Ports. I set the sound on the QF6 to use the soundbar but if I pause a show (from one of the built-in apps like Netflix or Vudu) for a minute or so, when I restart playback it will revert to the tv speakers. I’ve tried unplugging both units for 5 minutes but this hasn’t solved my issue. Also, I’ve checked and both units don’t seem to have any updates available (although I’m not totally sure how to check or update the firmware on the MS650). Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
64 Replies
userMGwL4NfyW1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

This is a failure of the TV to retain the non-default settings. It is probably a fault in the NVRAM used to store the user-defined settings. I am returning my TV and getting something other than a Samsung as I have had design/component issues with Samsung before and they they did not even attempt to fix it.

user9DIyWIC4Em
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is not a solution. This is a bandaid at best. The problem still persists despite unplugging and re-plugging several times. Can you please provide us with an update win this will be fixed. It has been over a year and you (Samsung) is well aware of this problem. 

user9DIyWIC4Em
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is not a solution. This is a bandaid at best. The problem still persists despite unplugging and re-plugging several times. Can you please prov

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

We understand, this has been escalated as a Feature Request. Please understand this is only a request and the mods cannot guarantee this feature will be added. 

ide us with an update win this will be fixed. It has been over a year and you (Samsung) is well aware of this problem. 

userYzDaTvfEIK
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

We understand, this has been escalated as a Feature Request. Please understand this is only a request and the mods cannot guarantee this feature will be added. 

Feature request? To make a TV work as it should. I had this problem with Sony, Vizio, and Samsung sound bars and a SAMSUNG tv. The solution is extremele simple. I bought an LG tv.  Not only do all sound bars work, the tv doen't keep resetting itself, which is another ages old SAMSUNG issue

usercaTxirWNoO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

How did you get your LG TV to work? I just got and LG UN7300, amazing TV, then bought a Yamaha YAS 209 soundbar as well. Everything connected well, then I came the next day and it had reverted back to TV speakers. I got fed up and switched to optical, but now I am forced to use two remotes. I really liked the arc feature and using one remote to control the volume.

0 Likes
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

In other words, an advertised feature does not function as advertised. Here is Samsung saying . Remember this. 

userPR2XWBQoFf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have Series 8 TV and Q90R I have the same issue as everyone else. There is no fix that I am aware of other than to shutdown and restart.  Sounds like a Windows 95 issue!!  Being a Samsung fan boy myself I am extremely dissapointed. This problem should be resolved by now.  Working in sales at a major chain store I will never recommend the product again.  Now I'm saving up to replace the lot with Sony. 

0 Likes
userSSqMi5Cu21
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This issue IS NOT resolved! Please fix this problem 

user3Q7LxbemWs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just checking to make sure I have the soundbar connected correctly. My source (a Denon AVR) is connected to hdmi in 1 on the QF6. The soundbar is connected via hdmi using the arc  hdmi port on the QF6 and the ARC Port on the ms650 soundbar. I think that’s the correct connection but if not please let me know the correct way to connect the soundbar via hdmi. Still having this issue, so I appreciate any other suggestions to try to resolve this. Thanks. 

0 Likes
userPgzDZjI4W7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Complete garbage and unacceptable that this bug isn't fixed.  I have to constantly pull my tv off the wall to restore connection.  How is this acceptable?  FIX THE ISSUE SAMSUNG.