cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZp4Q1CYbyy
Constellation

Reception problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have recently purchased a Samsung QLED tv. The Model number  is QN65Q65FNFXZA. I have Direct TV for most channels, but I also enjoy watching a very local over the air station for news.  Direct has my locals as some 100 miles awaay.

The point of my question......I recieve Direct TV fine and it is plugged into HDMI 1. I have attacched my incoming coax that comes in from my outside anntennae, into the F connection that is marked ANT IN.

When I toggle to the SOURCE MENU, there is no switch available for Antennae or TV. 

What am I missing ?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks .

Thom Brown

Michigan

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userZp4Q1CYbyy
Constellation

Re: Reception problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your response. The problem, what ever it was with the the tv, is when I went to Settings /List/ Enter/ Broadcast......the Broadcast access was turned off. Had no way to access the scan function. 

To make a long story shorter, I went into Support Chat and explained the problem. The agent took control of my TV and checked into some things. She went into Broadcast/ Scan Channels, and all is well. 

To access the off air TV channels, I go to Source/My TV ... 40+ local area channels. If I continue past all my stored channels, then it starts bringing up My TV channels. Cool. 

The Agent fixed it all. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you try pressing the change channel button? Did you scan the tv for channels?

userZp4Q1CYbyy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your response. The problem, what ever it was with the the tv, is when I went to Settings /List/ Enter/ Broadcast......the Broadcast access was turned off. Had no way to access the scan function. 

To make a long story shorter, I went into Support Chat and explained the problem. The agent took control of my TV and checked into some things. She went into Broadcast/ Scan Channels, and all is well. 

To access the off air TV channels, I go to Source/My TV ... 40+ local area channels. If I continue past all my stored channels, then it starts bringing up My TV channels. Cool. 

The Agent fixed it all. 

View solution in original post