Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

Remote not responding after latest firmware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every single night when I turn my 2018 Q9 75” on for the first time of the day, the remote is unresponsive. It will turn on and off but that is it. In order to get it to work again I have to hold the power button for about 15 seconds which restarts the tv. This has been a constant problem ever since the latest firmware, and it happens every time. I have another remote and have paired it to the tv, and it does it with that remote too. I have reset the tv, and reset the smart hub, but it has not helped. Fresh batteries in my remotes. My comcast remote will work since it is infra red, but the Bluetooth Samsung remotes will not work other than the power button, which I believe uses infra red as well, until the tv is on and establishes connection with the Samsung remote.

How can I get a copy of the December 2018 firmware for the tv so I can downgrade, if that is even possible. When my wife and kids try to use the tv, they constantly complain that it isn’t working and I have to reset it again. It only exhibits this problem after at least 10 or 12 hours of being powered off. The tv is model QN75Q9FNA

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dundadda
Constellation

Re: Remote not responding after latest firmware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, I just unplugged it from main box. I also unplugged the TV power cord. It works perfect niw

5 REPLIES 5
Dundadda
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, I just unplugged it from main box. I also unplugged the TV power cord. It works perfect niw

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like your suggestion has fixed my problem! Thanks! It’s only been one day so I won’t hold my breath, but at least I didn’t have to do the whole reset thing today!!

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem will return.  You can also fix it temporarily by pairing the remote again by holding the back button and the play/pause button together for a few seconds until you see the notification on the tv that it's pairing with the remote.  This has been driving me crazy for the last two weeks and is definitely firmware related.

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it has indeed returned. So annoying.

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you try to pair the remote to the tv?  That will work and will last for at least a couple of days.  It's a pain in the blah to do but at least you don't have to do a reset on tv.  I actually got a hold of a mod on another thread and she's sending me out another remote.  Maybe that will fix the issue.