JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Removing Frame TV from No-Gap Wall Mount?

(Topic created: 05-01-2020 09:44 AM)
userzlPzfNQdoc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

We purchased the Frame TV and hung it over the fireplace w/ the no-gap wall mount.  While there's been no issues w/ the TV, we're trying to paint the room and need to take the TV down.  I cannot for the life of me get the TV to unhook from the wall mount.  I've looked everywhere and can't find any videos or advice on if there's a trick to doing this or what.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeslievilleGeeks
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We have removed it this way many times and the tv has never broken.

Have at least 2 people( 3rd person to remove one connect cable once tv unmounted). Frame TV is heavier then other TV's.

A.  Tilt the TV away from wall.

B. While tilted at about 15 degrees lift it up and out the hook. Requires two people and exert some strength.

C. Unplug the ONE CONNECT CABLE.

It's pretty hard to lift the tv out of the hook but that is the only we way. Put the extra pressure. See this video we made.  Hope it helps. . 
https://youtu.be/YCfCkow-978

We have tried rotating method which does NOT always work especially when you have a mantel under where you mount the tv. 

View solution in context

Samsung No Gap Wall mount Anchors that holds 90lbs. These anchors are perfect for The Frame TV. Stud Not required. Mount directly to drywall so you can centre the TV where you like it ...
14 Replies
userAed7FoqWfa
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm facing the same issue here. Moving to a new apartment and can't get this off the wall. I have reached out to best buy tech support but they are not taking any in home service right now.

Please let me know if you find a way out. This is so frustrating.. 

user2QbI4hq6cZ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Having same issue, could you please share if you were able to solve this issue?

0 Likes
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Pics on this site were helpful to remind me:

1. Yes per ajstan99 you first tilt the TV out from the wall, which probably involves lifting it as you do so

2. The rod behind the TV that rests in the No Gap wall piece is gotten-out by rotating the TV until it stops and then carefully continuing until the rod pops-out (it is otherwise kept-in-place so it can't simply be accidentally lifted straight out of the lip it's in).

"If I recall correctly" this is right--someone will tell me if this is wrong!

ajstan99
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Models between years may be different, but the 2020 model works similarly to the 2019 model shown in this video.  To remove my 2020 from the No-Gap wall mount, I just need to pull the top of the TV forward far enough to be able to lift it off the mount. Be careful of the OneConnect cable, of course.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rakaoa4So4

Learn how to safely install a no gap wall mount with this step-by-step guide. Browse TV accessories including wall mount, tv bezel, cable and more at https://bit.ly/samsung-tv-accessories Firstly, find the ideal spot for your TV on the wall - consult a professional if unsure about appropriate ...
0 Likes
user2luW1x7EBK
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Attempted the rotation as instructed.  Install is such that TV only rotates to release keeper on one side but not both due to fireplace mantle location inches below the tv.   

help please!    

0 Likes
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

You will have to try, once the TV is rotated-out from one keeper, to insert a rod of some sort into the gap so that you can twist it the other way and get the other side to pop-out. Might need to go to the hardware store to get a long enough rod of course; I doubt it's possible to get an arm back there.

0 Likes
userhpr9UoCrpJ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

the key to me removing it was first tilting the top of the tv forward as much as it could, then both myself and another person helping each stood on a ladder one step up on either side, lifted up, with a slight toggle in each direction, and it came right off. 

0 Likes
OptimistPrime
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have to remove my 75" to repair a "SAMSUNG!!!" defect, only now to encounter serious difficulty in removing the TV from the no gap wall mount. I am baffled by the utter stupidity of Samsung and their design team for making such a non-sensical wall mount, that makes it EXTREMELY difficult to remove the TV. I am lost for words. Imagine one has to search forums on how to remove a TV from the no gap wall mount, just imagine that. GREAT JOB Samsung.

0 Likes
usertP9yoLICv6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello @OptimistPrime ,  I understand your frustration. I went through the same.

But I could remove my 65" TV from No Gap Wall mount. So here are the steps I followed :

1. Rotate the TV to your left or right until it stops rotation. This is the tention point for rotation.

2. Now further rotate it passing the tention point so that the TV comes out from wall mount bracket from one side. 

3. Now you can see that a one side is clear. We have to do the same for the other side. But when you try to do it, it will again go back to the lock from the side which you released it previously. For this I had to use a small stick. I entered a stick between the Tv's metal bracket and wall mount's bracket and due to that it could not go back to the lock again.

4. Now you can rotate and lift it from the other side and it will come out :).

For me the stick did the magic. Otherwise it is was not possible for me since the TV itself is very heavy.

0 Likes