JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Removing Frame TV from No-Gap Wall Mount?

(Topic created: 12-07-2020 08:22 PM)
userzlPzfNQdoc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

We purchased the Frame TV and hung it over the fireplace w/ the no-gap wall mount.  While there's been no issues w/ the TV, we're trying to paint the room and need to take the TV down.  I cannot for the life of me get the TV to unhook from the wall mount.  I've looked everywhere and can't find any videos or advice on if there's a trick to doing this or what.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

14 Replies
OptimistPrime
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for your clear instructions and your willingness to help. After trying for about an hour last night and not succeeding, my brother will be returning shortly with his son, for us to have another go at it. We planned on doing exactly what you said, but are thankful that you let us know that we are on the right path. Thanks again.

0 Likes
OptimistPrime
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just to let you know I eventually got it out of the wall mount, using the same method, but in my case i improvised and used an allen key attached to a length of PVC, because it being a 75 inch the device had a longer reach to the wall mount, but basically after lifitng out one side, wedged it under and then was able to unhook the other side and it came right out. Thank you again for your assistance, was much appreciated.

Imagine you can design a TV containing some of the most sophisticated technolgy but can't even design a wall mount.... better than that Samsung....

0 Likes
usermpluzaSbXe
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Here is how we did it...one person inserted a straightened wire hanger from the side while the other reached up from UNDER the tv to guide the hanger end into the tiny gap created upon rotation. Then we rotated the tv back and it came right out.

0 Likes
Solution
LeslievilleGeeks
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We have removed it this way many times and the tv has never broken.

Have at least 2 people( 3rd person to remove one connect cable once tv unmounted). Frame TV is heavier then other TV's.

A.  Tilt the TV away from wall.

B. While tilted at about 15 degrees lift it up and out the hook. Requires two people and exert some strength.

C. Unplug the ONE CONNECT CABLE.

It's pretty hard to lift the tv out of the hook but that is the only we way. Put the extra pressure. See this video we made.  Hope it helps. . 
https://youtu.be/YCfCkow-978

We have tried rotating method which does NOT always work especially when you have a mantel under where you mount the tv. 

userc73DfWXIwd
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello everyone,

I posted this as a seperate thread and received no response. Since this topic deals with removing the frame TV from a no-gap wall mount, I am hoping that someone here will be able to provide some guidance to me in re-installing and "levelling" a TV back into the no-gap wall mount.

I was able to remove my Samsung Frame TV from the wall mount by rotating the TV gently to the right until it popped out from the mount.

I am now ready to reinstall the TV back into the wall mount and noticed that the bracket (into which the TV snaps into) is now slanted downwards towards the right (image attached below).

Tried to level it by rotating it to the left with my hand (before hooking the TV back) but it will not move.

Question - Once I place the TV back into the hook, will I be able to level it by rotating it to the Left? Or, do i need to level this before placeing the TV back into the hook (and how do i do this since it will not move with normal pressure)? 

Thank you!

IMG_6935.jpg

0 Likes