Original topic:

SOURCE Displays Disconnected Network FOLDER

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 1:54 PM)
userUvYurA55QF
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I think Samsung really needs to examine what their Smart TVs are displaying given the SOURCE is a network device.

Ref: Samsung Smart TV Model: QN50Q6DTAFXZA S/N: <hidden>

VERSION – AB01/QTQ6D/QTQ60F-Q50TF1

While trying to determine why only certain network device (SOURCE) folders are displayed I discovered a possible issue I can't clear up. When looking at the available folders where I have stored MP4 files on a network HDD (connected to my ROUTER's USB port) I see a folder that should no longer be displayed including sub folders. The folder has been physically disconnected from the network. So WHY does it still being displayed?  Is there a way to have the TV "purge" content on longer network sources that are no longer available?

To be more specific. There are two HDDs connected to my home Network router with two USB ports. With both HDDs powered on the TV will show a SOURCE labeled "ROUTER". Clicking on this source and then clicking on BROWSE FOLDERS I am presented with two sources, one for each of the HDDs connected to the router.  One of the HDDs has a folder called DOWNLOADS and shows up on the TV as a folder. If I turn OFF the HDD with Downloads folder, the TV still shows that folder even after going back to the TV HOME "page" and then selecting ROUTER under SOURCES.

THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!  And there is no way to force the TV to refresh the sources.

2 Replies
userixpoCTsnAx
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm having a similar problem, i have a QE55Q95T, that is displaying my home pc in the source list but the link in the source list does not work so i just want to remove it but there seems to be no way of refreshing or deleting the source list which is really annoying. come on samsung software engineers get your act together

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes