JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 2020 65" Frame - eARC does not work with Sonos Arc

(Topic created: 06-13-2020 12:59 PM)
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased the new Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Has anyone else encountered this?

50 Replies
userpCjMlirGA8
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here, The Frame 2020 75" , turn on eARc (to Auto) and no sound, turn it to off and I get DD+ sound output.

Very annoying - anyone have a solution?

Samsung_R1j67Bn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Totally agree! My biggest reason for buying this TV is eARC and I still have this issue

0 Likes
usertGaMcG4qTU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Ditto. Same issue. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure this out. I don't know enough about all this but when I play Dolby atmos compatible content (jack Ryan season 1 UHD on amazon prime) , the Sonos App shows the Dolby Atmos symbol, which disappears when I play other stuff. So does that mean I'm getting Dolby atmos output?

BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is from the Sonos website. It appears you can get Dolby Atmos without eARC working but the Dolby TrueHD codec will not work without eARC. I don't understand the difference, but the soundbar reviews I have read stress the importance of eARC to get the best sound experience.

• Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 3.43.52 AM.png
Samsung_PmH2qeZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issue with my 55 Frame and sonos ARC.

You mentioned Jack Ryan and Atmos - is that from the internal amazon app? I tried that as well and only got 5.1 Dobly Digital plus reported on the sonos app. (no atmos icon in prime either).

usertGaMcG4qTU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So jack Ryan season 1 has two options on amazon prime video. If you look closely there a UHD version of season 1 which is Atmos compatible

usertGaMcG4qTU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

And I played it from the amazon prime video app on the Tv

user9S2klUQZK7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can confirm same issue with the 2020 75" The Frame. Very disappointing. 

userWRTgdBGDxE
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact problem with the same devices.  Samsung 2020 The Frame TV with Sonos Arc.  I have tried resetting the TV and also tried different HDMI cables.  Same issues.  You can hear the briefly for a split second when you toggle between the TV Speakers and the Sonos Arc in the "Sound Output" settings of the TV, but it does not stay on when eArc is in the Auto setting.