JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 2020 65" Frame - eARC does not work with Sonos Arc

(Topic created: 09-17-2020 12:17 PM)
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased the new Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Has anyone else encountered this?

userP12RiNAlO8
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, I have the same problem. Samsung The Frame 65 with Sonos Arc won't work with eArc. Very disapointing and frustrating.

Many more on this topic in the Sonos forum:
https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-samsung-frame-tv-earc-not-working-68425...

userf7qHrzBTjw
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Also having this with a new Sonos Arc and Samsung 55" Frame. Sonos Arc works with e-arc disabled and reports "Dolby Atmos" / "Dolby Atmos (DD+)" when watching Prime Video Jack Ryan. Should I be expecting "Dolby Atmos TrueHD"?

BUT every third time I turn on the TV I get either no sound or one/off again sound and have to reboot both TV an soundbar. Sounds like both just don't play nice togeher. They are both completely fine and work great - Arc on its own or with other TVs and the Frame works fine on its own. Sounds like both Samsung and Sonos might have some work to do here? The sound is incredible when it does work. 

0 Likes
useryOW7b0FLxM
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

SEPTEMBER 2020:

Just bought my 2020 65” Samsung the Frame yesterday. Hooked up to my Sonos arc via the e-arc port. Sound only works when ‘HDMI-eArc Mode’ is set to ‘off’. That said, when watching via Netflix app or other, Dolby atmos is an option, and when I open the Sonos app on my phone, it says playing Atmos?

So which is it? Why does the TV not work when HDMI eArc mode is set to auto? I am confused? Am I getting atmos with it set to off or not? 

0 Likes
ivanvers
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi all,

Same issue here with Frame 2020 and Sonos ARC with eARC. Last week there has been an update on the Samsung support website for our model. I have succesfully updated my Frame and everything looks good now! I am really happy with this update. From The Netherlands you can find it here https://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/QE65LS03TASXXN/ update 1402.6 from 10/08/2020

Good luck all! My problem seems to be resolved with these two great devices 👌

Solution
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here. Updated the Frame TV last week after receiving the above post and all issues appear to be resolved. eARC works well and the issue with the audio audio cutting out upon power on appears to be resolved. Sonos Arc and Samsung 65" Frame (2020) appear to be playing well together. Finally. My original post was on June 11. It took over 4 months for Samsung to address the issue.

userWfQ9F3hIEd
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Was this really fixed what update did you install? Thanks 

0 Likes
Samsung_R1j67Bn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello - Is this issue really fixed and is it stable? I have the exact same config - 65" Frame + Sonos Arc. Does not work for me - tried all troubleshootings, already on 1403.1 version, updated via USB too, changed USBs, restarted etc. No luck. I called Samsung today and they want to send a technician to troubleshoot. Though I called out that this seems to be a wide-spread event that has be fixed via firmware update, the associate was insistent I go through the process.

0 Likes
usertMAPNcsNfE
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue. Brand new 65" Samsung Framce and Sonos Arc. No audio from the Sonos Arc just the TV speakers. So unfortunate to spend the money to buy the latest and greatest and they don't work. Why doesn't Samsung / Sonos fix the issue? 

0 Likes
userP12RiNAlO8
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Arc with Frame 65” 2020 still not working. I get sound with eArc and I get Atmos sound, but the sound is skipping now and then when playing Atmos material. After almost 6 month’s of problems, 2 Samsung firmware updates and updates of the Sonos Arc as well, I’m not sure this ever will be solved. So disapointed. 

Samsung_R1j67Bn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Update from my end (Frame 65" + Sonos Arc) -  I was unable to get any ETA from Samsung regarding the fix. Also, when I turn eARC "off" to get some sound (even if not Dolby Atmos), I am facing this issue. Therefore, I went and returned the TV. My options are: (i) wait for few weeks to see if Samsung does fix this issue (I doubt it considering this issue is going on from June) and then buy a Frame TV (because I love the TV otherwise), or (ii) buy a different TV altogehter. Does anyone know if this issue is present in other models of Samsung as well?

0 Likes