JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 2020 65" Frame - eARC does not work with Sonos Arc

(Topic created: 11-16-2020 05:49 PM)
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased the new Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Has anyone else encountered this?

50 Replies
userS22fgZrgI3
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am very disappointed in the software that was released by Samsung.  They try and try to make things easier for the end user and in the end they only make it harder.  Go back to square one, Samsung!  Release new firmware that doesn't make it IMPOSSIBLE!

0 Likes
userQHM7wc3UN9
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi 

Thanks for posting this. Seems to be a wider issue with a few of the new Samsung TVs. Same issue trying to get a new Frame 75 and Frame 65 working with Sonos ARC. Extremely frustrating. I hope Samsung come back with a firmware update soon 🙏

user4WtoYx5Bj2
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Any updates on this? Is this still an issue? Any solutions?

I have the same problem on Q95T 

Samsung_PmH2qeZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem on my 55 Frame TV (2020) - seems to be somewhat widespread...

user4WtoYx5Bj2
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We need some support with this issue

userovAUySLIwI
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Received my Frame 2020 last weekend, as well as the Sonos Arc. Updated the Frame to the 1402.6 firmware. Although eARC works, there is now an issue with audio breaks after both devices are powered on (doesn't matter if they we're in stand by for an entire night or just a few minutes). As soon as the devices are on, the audio breaks every few seconds. The only fix, for now, seems to cut the power to both the TV and Sonos Arc. After powering on the devices then, everything works like it supposed to be. Hope Samsung/Sonos will come with an update soon. This s.cks, but it's awesome once it works. 

userv8zYmgSIrD
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

I'm seeing the same problem with my 55" Frame and the Sonos ARC!

For me it looks that the ARC loses HDMI communication if the TV runs in ART mode!!  To verify this, I'm currently not using ART mode, I turn off the TV by holding down the Power Off button for 2 sec. Since I did that, I've not seen the problem anymore!

0 Likes
userlZjbU1de3R
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Having the exact same issue. And same workaround: Power off both SONOS Arc and Frame TV. Not a cheap television. If I'd known of this issue I would have bought a different brand. To be fair, I'm unsure if it's a SONOS problem or a Samsung problem, but I'm not hearing reports of similar issues with other brand TVs. More than a little annoyed. Samsung? ...

0 Likes
BayshoreDrive
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I believe mine is working the way it is supposed to. (2020 65" Frame and Sono Arc) Frame TV "Current version: 1403". When changing the volume on the frame, the screen shows "Receiver (HDMI-eARC)" as I hit volume up or volume down. When playing a movie with Dolby Atmos, "About My System" in my Sonos App shows "Audio In: Dolby Atmos". 

When I first reported my problem as solved, I believe the update that "solved" the problem was version 1402. Within a few days, I started getting the problem with the audio going in and out when I first turned it on in the morning. About every day or two the problem would occur. I would unplug the power to the Sonos Arc and plug it back in to solve the problem. Sometimes last week, I updated to 1403 and the problem has not happened again. 

0 Likes
userBpzFhap8Wb
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Getting a Sonos Arc delivered this week to go with my 75" 2020 The Frame. Really hoping they get this fixed soon!!